Dupes Suffocating in a oxygenated room....

I have no idea what I am doing wrong but I think I have run into a weird glitch.

I make a tall room with an airpump on the bottom with a air filter to filter out the CO2 and pump it into the next room over.  I also pump in fresh oxygen from another room into the top portion of the tall room. When I switch to the breath-ability filter it shows that most of the room is a light blue but when my guys start panicking they run around the top portion of the room with the low oxygen/suffocation bubble on top of them for about a minute or two before they die. 

Has anyone run into this glitch because I have had it happen 3 times in a row on my computer?

I've been having the same problems and it could be due to low pressure. The oxygen overlay only tells you the quality of the gas, not the quantity, which can sometimes be too little to sustain our dupes. It's like breathing unaided at the top of Mt Everest...

I don't know if there's an easy way to see a pressure distribution map. But if you mouse over a tile and check the tooltip, it says "Barely Breathable" beside the mass of the oxygen, even if the oxygen overlay shows a Breathable color. So the overlay is for quality of gas, but the tooltip also indicates quantity(?)

20170221115003_1.jpg

I don't know how to manage pressure yet. Maybe you're right about the pumps but you need to wait a bit more for the pressure to build up in your tall room.

You have to pay attention to the shade of blue. In that picture above, those areas with the lighter blue are heavy in pressure with oxygen, while those darker blues are less dense areas of oxygen. This works with all the colors as the color shows type of gas, and shade shows pressure/density.

also, look at the color of the text in the tool tip for the oxygen tile.  the "barely breathable", is colored like a barely breathable time.  i would assume it is due to the amount of oxygen in the tile.  there is enough in the tile for a handful of breaths and then its empty. hence barely breathable.

the oxygen overlay definitely can be misleading and could maybe use some adjustments.

Archived