Suggestion- inter asteroid bridging/travel

I don't know to what extent this can be utilized or for what purpose, but it's not too far a leap of faith that two or more asteroids floating through an asteroid belt are really close to each other, have similar orbit, and can be transversed from one to another either by propulsion or a bridge

4 hours ago, TentacleStew said:

I don't know to what extent this can be utilized or for what purpose, but it's not too far a leap of faith that two or more asteroids floating through an asteroid belt are really close to each other, have similar orbit, and can be transversed from one to another either by propulsion or a bridge

Contrary to what sci-fi often tells you, asteroid belts are actually extremely empty. Even though there are probably millions of asteroids in our own asteroid belt, they are spread over such a large volume that it's nearly impossible to hit one by accident.

21 hours ago, Cyberboy2000 said:

Contrary to what sci-fi often tells you, asteroid belts are actually extremely empty. Even though there are probably millions of asteroids in our own asteroid belt, they are spread over such a large volume that it's nearly impossible to hit one by accident.

well, already within fictional norms then I suppose

Archived