Code for Art Trade?

I'm in the final stages of finishing the mod for Winnie, and it's gotten... complex. Way beyond my meager skill level. 

I've managed to add a new recipe tab, for her spellwork, and have an idea of what spells I want her to have available to her. I've been posting in the mod portion of the forums a lot since starting Winnie, and feel bad that I've been asking for so much help with what's ultimately a personal project. That being said, I'd be more than happy to make a Character Poster, Character Aesthetic Post or other Don't Starve-Styled Art, or to provide art for any mod you might have in mind, if anyone can help me with the prefab coding for the following: 

I'm looking to have several items craftable through the custom recipe tab I've created. 

• One that spawns in-ground carrots in a random amount near the player; 
  • One that turns regular dropped logs into living logs (but not logs held in inventory);
  • One that speeds the growth of crops, bushes, and trees (like Applied Horticulture);
  • One that makes it rain frogs;
  • One that spawns a faerie ring of mushrooms near the player.

Each of these should take health to cast, have a finite durability, and drain the sanity of any other players surrounding Winnie when she casts them. Also is there any kind of flash or effect that can either smooth the spawning of certain things like carrots and mushrooms? 

Also my apologies if this would be better suited in the trading forum... it just seemed like that area was exclusively skins and items, so I thought it'd be safer here. 

And, please!!! If you do have functional code for any of these, please don't forget to request one of the above pieces!!! I've got a brand new tablet coming in and need to break it in~ I really appreciate everything the folks I've talked to on the klei forums have done for me, so some art is the least I can do in return!! 

Much thanks,

Tib (and Winnie) 

EDIT: I've uploaded the incomplete mod as a .zip file, since that's probably...pretty important. 

Winifred the Witch TEST FILE.zip

Edited by Faerendipitous
added files

Ok so i don't have functional code, but i think you can read the prefab of book, especially tentacle book, and try to use it as a base. Replace the sanity loss with an health loss and the spawn of tentacle by a spawn of carrot (planted), it should be a little like what you want. I guess you could add a function about the sanity loss for close player but i don't have idea of an example.

For applied horticulture, just copy the effect of the prefab in your own book, and change sanity loss for health loss.

Faerie ring of mushroom could probably work a little like tentacle, except i'm not sure about how to make a circle. I don't know about frog rain.

1 hour ago, RedHairedHero said:

Some of these shouldn't be too difficult to make, if I have time I may be able to help out. For the log one you mentioned are you just wanting the user to use an item and it converts logs that are on the ground near her into living logs? 

Yep, that's precisely it!! I'm not too particularly picky about how far the radius goes, whatever works best or is easiest, just so long as you can drop like a stack of logs, cast the spell, and then be able to pick up a stack of living logs! 

If you can at all, that would be absolutely wonderful - I don't have the coding knowledge necessary to program these spells myself. Starting Winnie has been like learning a new language for me. Right now I'm at the stage where I can read lua, but I can't really write it. Or, when I do, I end up crashing. 8')