Modding questions from a newbie

DGM

Greetings all,

I'm new to modding and I thought I'd start simple by tinkering with (as in, rebalance) some of the programs.  I have some questions:

1) I know that there are weight lists that control how often each program shows up in servers, but can someone tell me where in the code they are?  I'm having trouble finding them.

2) I'd like to look at Cyberboy2000's sim constructor but I only see it in the Steam workshop and I'm using the GOG version.  Can I still use it, and if so, how?

3) Speaking of Steam vs. GOG, I'd like my mods to be compatible with both versions.  Is there anything special I need to know before I start writing code?

Thanks.

1) You can find the available nanofab items and probability of programs appearing under scripts.zip\sim\units\store for the base game and if you are looking for DLC programs, each program's rarity is found below the code of each program, found in the DLC's scripts.zip\mainframe_abilities.

2) Here is a link to Cyberboy's Sim Constructor.

3) As far as I know, there should be no difference between the Steam and GOG game versions in terms of code.

Hope I could help. :)

It did help, thanks.  Sorry it took me so long to say so, but on the day you posted that Invisible Inc. fried my computer!  My fault for playing it on a machine that wasn't up to running it, I guess.

Archived