Console commands in "Caves" and "Master"

Hey,

Is there a way to switch between running console commands in different shards? Sometimes I use for example c_listallplayers() and it'll only list those that are in the caves world and sometimes only in the master world. It's not consistent either, sometimes when the server restarts it'll only run commands in caves and sometimes only in master. c_announce("") will always work though since it automatically runs itself in all worlds.

Would be neat if there was a way to switch between them, haven't found a way through searching, might've missed it though. I frequently connect through SSH to my server to check on the DST server and it'd be nice to be able to run commands in the world the player in question currently exists in.

Debain 8 is the OS on the server I run it on. That shouldn't matter though considering it's not bash commands I'm asking about, it's the console commands for the DST server. Here is an example that shows c_listallplayers() running only in caves while c_announce("") runs in both, the problem then being there is no way to switch into running c_listallplayers() in master, that I know of at least.

c_listallplayers()
Caves:  [17:50:20]: ConsoleInput: "c_listallplayers()"
c_announce("Test")
Caves:  [17:50:32]: ConsoleInput: "c_announce("Test")"
Caves:  [17:50:32]: [Announcement] Test
Master: [17:50:32]: [Announcement] Test

I'm not aware of such a switch you are looking for, so only option left is to start the Master and Caves separately and have them run from each owns screen.

For instance:

screen -dmS DST_M ./dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer -cluster MyDediServer -shard Master

screen -dmS DST_S ./dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer -cluster MyDediServer -shard Caves

and then you just resume the shard you want with screen -r DST_M for instance.

Archived