[Help] Specific Support Needed

Hello.
I am trying to understand how to create a mod which does the following:

Spoiler

Player press a button.
A popup appears on screen with an *x* item slot grid.
Each of the slot content images are located at placeholder.tex -(just like inventoryimages.tex)-

When clicked, each slot does:
ThePlayer.components.Component:Function1("image_name_here")

If image name contains "_this" or "_that" suffix, then it does:
ThePlayer.components.Component:Function2("image_name_here")

-Player.components.Component:Function1/2 currently only works if the user is admin. I would like to make it available to all users if possible, but this is not mandatory.-

Player press the button again and the popup is closed.

Given the wonders I see/subscribe on Steam Workshop, it seems to be a simple job. The thing is that, although I have done the art, I'm not skilled enough at Lua, so I would like to request some support on this task, if possible.

I don't even need the code to be written if by any chance I find some other mod to use as basis, or a widget tutorial, etc... But at the moment, the only mod I found that seems to be the closest of what I want to do is Too Many Items DST. Unfortunatelly, I could not understand how to extract only the basics of what I need.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by SrJardel

1 minute ago, Serpens said:

Unfortunately I also have no knowledge with UI and such stuff... But the "waypoint" and also the "auto-actions" mod do have an UI when pressing a key. So maybe the code of these mods will help.

Thank you mate, I will check it out. :)

I've got it to work, it just need minor tweaks.

I will attach the files, in case someone are willing to take a look at it.

The only thing I need to figure out is all commented on "scripts/widgets/TMI_Invslot.lua" (Yes, I took TMI as base), it should be self explanatory.

EDIT: I figured what "table.contains" does and got it to work as intended. My only request now is to be able to show the menu via opening a container instead of pressing a button.

I will include a placeholder container in the attachment later.

Thanks in advance.

[DST]Test.zip

Edited by SrJardel