Having a problem with SetDiet and WX-78

I made a mod that allows me to create a battery. It can be crafted by anyone and only wx-78 can eat it. The mod works as intended but I am getting a few bugs.  One of the bugs is that wx-78 now won't upgrade when he eats gears. 

Here is my modmain.lua where I believe the bug occurs.

local STRINGS = GLOBAL.STRINGS

STRINGS.NAMES.BATTERY = "Battery"
STRINGS.RECIPE_DESC.BATTERY = "Battery for healing wx-78."
STRINGS.CHARACTERS.GENERIC.DESCRIBE.BATTERY = "Battery for wx-78."

GLOBAL.FOODTYPE.BATTERY = "BATTERY"
GLOBAL.FOODGROUP.OMNIEXTENDED = {name = "OMNIEXTENDED", types = {GLOBAL.FOODTYPE.GENERIC, GLOBAL.FOODTYPE.MEAT, GLOBAL.FOODTYPE.GEARS, GLOBAL.FOODTYPE.VEGGIE, GLOBAL.FOODTYPE.SEEDS, GLOBAL.FOODTYPE.BATTERY,},}

local function addBat(inst)
	inst:AddComponent("eater")
	inst.components.eater:SetDiet({GLOBAL.FOODGROUP.OMNIEXTENDED}, {GLOBAL.FOODTYPE.GENERIC, GLOBAL.FOODTYPE.MEAT, GLOBAL.FOODTYPE.GEARS, GLOBAL.FOODTYPE.VEGGIE, GLOBAL.FOODTYPE.SEEDS, GLOBAL.FOODTYPE.BATTERY})

end

AddPrefabPostInit("wx78", addBat)

PrefabFiles = {
	"battery",
}

local RECIPETABS = GLOBAL.RECIPETABS
local TECH = GLOBAL.TECH

AddRecipe("battery", {Ingredient("log", 1), Ingredient("berries", 2)}, RECIPETABS.SURVIAL, TECH.NONE)

Try this (I added comments where I did changes)

local STRINGS = GLOBAL.STRINGS

STRINGS.NAMES.BATTERY = "Battery"
STRINGS.RECIPE_DESC.BATTERY = "Battery for healing wx-78."
STRINGS.CHARACTERS.GENERIC.DESCRIBE.BATTERY = "Battery for wx-78."

--Removed the new foodgroup omnitype

AddComponentPostInit("eater", function(self)--modify the eater component
	function self:SetCanEatBatteries()--add a function to insert the battery foodtype into our "caneat" and "preferseating" tables
		table.insert(self.preferseating, FOODTYPE.BATTERY)
		table.insert(self.caneat, FOODTYPE.BATTERY)
		self.inst:AddTag(FOODTYPE.BATTERY.."_eater")
	end
end)

AddPrefabPostInit("wx78", function(inst)
	if not GLOBAL.TheWorld.ismastersim then--added since only the server needs to do component stuff
		return inst
	end
	inst.components.eater:SetCanEatBatteries()--calls the new function we added in the eater component
end)

PrefabFiles = {
	"battery",
}

local RECIPETABS = GLOBAL.RECIPETABS
local TECH = GLOBAL.TECH

AddRecipe("battery", {Ingredient("log", 1), Ingredient("berries", 2)}, RECIPETABS.SURVIAL, TECH.NONE)

It's now crashing upon loading the world. The game freezes for a few seconds and I can see the world, everything appears unaffected except for the fact that my character is invisible if I load a save and if I start a new game the spawning freezes with the light beams. After the freeze the game says Disconnected from server and then either auto crashes after a few seconds or crashes if I press ok. Any ideas about why this is happening? It's a new symptom.

26 minutes ago, CensedPie said:

It's now crashing upon loading the world. The game freezes for a few seconds and I can see the world, everything appears unaffected except for the fact that my character is invisible if I load a save and if I start a new game the spawning freezes with the light beams. After the freeze the game says Disconnected from server and then either auto crashes after a few seconds or crashes if I press ok. Any ideas about why this is happening? It's a new symptom.

could you provide the crashlog? (Documents/Klei/DontStarveTogether/client_log.txt or Documents/Klei/DontStarveTogetherANewReignBeta/client_log.txt depending if you're using beta or not)

Actually try this:

--change this:
--to this:
local FOODTYPE = GLOBAL.FOODTYPE
FOODTYPE.BATTERY = "BATTERY"

Edit: from the log, I couldn't find anything specific that made you lose connection..

Edited by Aquaterion