Any tips to reduce lag?

I'm trying to play with a friend across the world but whichever one of us hosts the other person experiences terrible lag,  Like the mobs will attack us before we even see them coming and are able to run away.  Is there anything we can do to make the game more playable?

Thanks!

37 minutes ago, joeyleif said:

I'm trying to play with a friend across the world but whichever one of us hosts the other person experiences terrible lag,  Like the mobs will attack us before we even see them coming and are able to run away.  Is there anything we can do to make the game more playable?

Thanks!

There's not much you can do about it. The only real solution would be to move closer together, but I doubt that's something you two would be able to do. I guess you could disable movement prediction in the options, but that's not gonna actually solve the issue.

Getting more RAM, CPU and bandwidth should help. Then again some latency is to be expected. Cut down on prefabs. Turn frog rain and possibly tumbleweeds off. Make small one-sharded maps with less prefabs, making up for this through increasing the world regrowth.

Archived