Special Event Config Question - Dedicated Servers

So I saw than now we can add 

specialevent = "default", -- (A New Reign Beta Only)	-- "none", "default", "hallowed_nights"

to the worldgen.lua on our dedicated servers. My question is how can I trigger the hallowed_nights event on an already running server. I know that the worldgen.lua script is only executed on world generation.  If someone has a solution to this via console etc.. I would be very thankful.

1 hour ago, Deadbyte said:

So I saw than now we can add 

specialevent = "default", -- (A New Reign Beta Only)	-- "none", "default", "hallowed_nights"

to the worldgen.lua on our dedicated servers. My question is how can I trigger the hallowed_nights event on an already running server. I know that the worldgen.lua script is only executed on world generation.  If someone has a solution to this via console etc.. I would be very thankful.

I don't think you can add an event after the server is generated. The HN preset adds prefabs of the trinkets to the world, puts pumpkin lanterns around the portal, spawns setpieces and changes the PK behaviour. I guess you need a new server.

17 minutes ago, Arlesienne said:

I don't think you can add an event after the server is generated. The HN preset adds prefabs of the trinkets to the world, puts pumpkin lanterns around the portal, spawns setpieces and changes the PK behaviour. I guess you need a new server.

The server was generated during the halloween event and it had pumpkins etc.. But after the end of the event they were gone. So I'm sure there is a work around.

Pumpkins and pumpkin lanterns perish over time. If you have a world that wasn't generated with the event and you want to turn it on, use

ApplySpecialEvent(SPECIAL_EVENTS.HALLOWED_NIGHTS)

This will only make the Pig King give you halloween candy and spawn in some candy around the map; it will not place pumpkins or pumpkin lanterns or Hallowed Nights' boons since those are placed during worldgen.

44 minutes ago, alainmcd said:

Pumpkins and pumpkin lanterns perish over time. If you have a world that wasn't generated with the event and you want to turn it on, use

ApplySpecialEvent(SPECIAL_EVENTS.HALLOWED_NIGHTS)

This will only make the Pig King give you halloween candy and spawn in some candy around the map; it will not place pumpkins or pumpkin lanterns or Hallowed Nights' boons since those are placed during worldgen.

Is there any way I can get the halloween character skins back ?

Archived