Creating animation for a tool from scratch

Hi everyone,

Just now i started to script a mod based on usable tools created from moon_rock, so the first problem i have now is that there isn't any information on how to create an animation for a tool or item beyond the basics (on ground, swap) so i come here to ask you if someone can give me guidance on how to, i would really apreciate it because i don't know how to call the animations on a tool but i assume the game itself recognizes it, so please can someone explain to me what each of this actions mean??, i do recognize them from watching the game but how do i use my own in the spriter to create this file, thakns in advance and i wish you a good day.

swap_axe.png

There's already lunar tools. But I'll not stop you, from doing on your way! B). I just did the tool very raw. I converted the atlas-0.tex into atlas-0.png, I used as base the axe that you show. And I modified them, then I converted the png into tex and changed the build names. I'm on cellphone rn. So I cannot send you links for things like build renamer and tex converter.

Edited by Neutral_Steve
Given some coolness.

Thanks @Neutral_Steve i do know about the two things you have mentioned above, but i want to learn how to do it from scratch, i am new in making mods so i started with things that are simple, i started making a shuriken a throwable tool and now i want to make some other tools just as some practice before making what i really want, thanks for your information, i do really apreciate your answer.

Thank you and have a nice day

@RinShigure, if you're wanting to create a new tool animation from scratch you will need to reverse the appropriate animation files into the spriter project using krane.

You can find the 'Axe' animations in the 'anim/player_actions_axe.zip'; you will need to pair this wil the build and atlas file from the axe and possibly the character. If you want to get a full understanding of how it works you may need to combine them in order for it to display properly. Unfortunately there is no full spirter project for each animation at this time.

@Kzisor thanks for the answer, and i apologize for answering so late but i have been busy with other things.

By the way i don't want to create any new animation just want to recreate the animations because i have changed the size and some other things for the tools and i can't use the rename_build method, anyway i was afraid of that kind of aswer, i just have to give up on doing the mod.