Mind sharing how you start your servers? Do you have a Master and a Caves shard? Or just Master?

You seem to be experiencing a high CPU usage cos you got just 2GB of RAM. I used to have 2GB as well and after slapped 2x 4GB (not that the system uses more than 2GB anyway) the CPU usage dropped at 8 players from roughly 90% to like 50-60%. I still get CPU spikes but at least the lag is at somewhat acceptable level, or at least i haven't heard anyone complaining lately. To be honest I haven't asked lately. :)

49 minutes ago, cezarica said:

Mind sharing how you start your servers? Do you have a Master and a Caves shard? Or just Master?

Only Master, Caves disabled. After the first run, worked a full server without lag(10 slots), and now at 8-9 players and server blushes in tab menu.

I check the theory with 2 GB of RAM :)

How many days dose the world have?

Edit: Looks like I was reading  the data from htop wrong, as in the system as is right now uses 7.4GB of the 8GB it has. The better RAM quality (before was DDR2 and now it's DDR3) and quantity (from 2GB to 8GB) seems to have translated a huge CPU stress relief, or at least for me.

I would slap more RAM on my stone age motherboard but sadly reached it's max so only option left for me right now is to buy a new CPU and motherboard.

Hi. It's easy and sad. DST server does not support multi threading. So, on server (one forrest or one cave) can use only one core, or one thread (if processor support multi threading). It can not balance in more then one thread. So, one forrest = one thread. Forrest and caves = two different cores or threads. It means, that even you thread is over 99%, it can not rebalance....

Archived