Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Superchicken64

HARDEST BOSS BATTLE EVER: UPDATED

Hardest Boss battle ever  

24 members have voted

  1. 1. Who is the hardest boss in your opinion?

    • Treeguard
      0
    • Spider queen
      2
    • Deerclops
      3
    • Ancient guardian
      11
    • Bearger
      5
    • Goose\Goose
      3


Recommended Posts

HI EVERYONE! TODAY I WANT TO KNOW WHO YOU THINK IS THE HARDEST BOSS TO KILL IN DONT STARVE THIS IS ACTULLY THE UPDATED VERSION OF IT TO. THANK YOU! Note: make sure your thinking about it in dst hp for the bosses!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The f***? Ancient Guardian is leading in the polls? You gotta be kidding me. He was one of the easiest bosses to kill. Rock Lobsters alone can kill him.

That Goose Goose though, his enraged ducklings will slaughter everything. He is the one boss I avoid all game because without proper trap setups or blow darts they will shred through you and your allies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Majestix    384
On 19/01/2017 at 11:41 PM, someonenoone11 said:

The f***? Ancient Guardian is leading in the polls? You gotta be kidding me. He was one of the easiest bosses to kill. Rock Lobsters alone can kill him.

That Goose Goose though, his enraged ducklings will slaughter everything. He is the one boss I avoid all game because without proper trap setups or blow darts they will shred through you and your allies.

Wouldn't it take ages to get the rock lobsters through the labyrinth, especially with them stepping onto every single web? My feeling is that having to go through 10 nightmare cycles while waiting for the rock lobsters would be more unpleasant than just fighting the Ancient Guardian solo.

By the way: Rock Lobsters can kill almost anyone and anything. And you can bring them onto the surface.

Regarding the Goose/Goose: if you don't like the moslings, you can just kill the M/G before she lays the egg. What worked for me really well, though, was to wait for her to lay the egg, then kill her, and then wait for frog rain. Then I just watched the frogs and the moslings going at it, leaving behind a huge meal and lots of feathers.

P.S. What's up with the forums automatically changing 'M'oose into 'G'oose?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Majestix said:

Wouldn't it take ages to get the rock lobsters through the labyrinth, especially with them stepping onto every single web? My feeling is that having to go through 10 nightmare cycles while waiting for the rock lobsters would be more unpleasant than just fighting the Ancient Guardian solo.

You can kill the Ancient Guardian by standing still and whacking it to death. Took me 1 hambat, 2 football helmets, and 4-5 log suits as Wendy.

As for Rock Lobsters they didn't even take me 1 nightmare cycle to get through the labyrinth. Pathfinding AI is decent in this game and as long as you are near the ancient guardian, the Rock Lobsters can find their way through, slaughtering every spider in two hits on their way.

So that's 2 easy ways to kill the Ancient Guardian. Standing still and whacking, and Rock Lobsters. As you pointed out Rock Lobsters kill almost everything in the game. They can't however, kill Dragonfly and Moslings. Those two shred through them. You also can't kill those two by standing still and whacking because of the sheer amount of damage they do. Therefore, those two bosses are harder than Ancient Guardian, therefore should be leading the polls.

This is my opinion anyway, which is why I was surprised at the results and merely expressed my surprise in my post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Majestix    384
10 hours ago, someonenoone11 said:

You can kill the Ancient Guardian by standing still and whacking it to death. Took me 1 hambat, 2 football helmets, and 4-5 log suits as Wendy.

As for Rock Lobsters they didn't even take me 1 nightmare cycle to get through the labyrinth. Pathfinding AI is decent in this game and as long as you are near the ancient guardian, the Rock Lobsters can find their way through, slaughtering every spider in two hits on their way.

So that's 2 easy ways to kill the Ancient Guardian. Standing still and whacking, and Rock Lobsters. As you pointed out Rock Lobsters kill almost everything in the game. They can't however, kill Dragonfly and Moslings. Those two shred through them. You also can't kill those two by standing still and whacking because of the sheer amount of damage they do. Therefore, those two bosses are harder than Ancient Guardian, therefore should be leading the polls.

This is my opinion anyway, which is why I was surprised at the results and merely expressed my surprise in my post.

I should give the rock lobster method a try then. But here is another question: do they eat gems if you leave them on the ground? If they do, then I guess one has to be much more careful with one's inventory space management if bringing them into the ruins.

For the dragonfly, I always have 20 ashes (for putting her to sleep) and 14 gunpowder handy when summer starts. Panflute also works instead of ashes, but it gives you a smaller time window for placing the gunpowder. Her loot does not end up cooked if she is blown up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017/1/24 at 4:18 AM, Majestix said:

I should give the rock lobster method a try then. But here is another question: do they eat gems if you leave them on the ground? If they do, then I guess one has to be much more careful with one's inventory space management if bringing them into the ruins.

For the dragonfly, I always have 20 ashes (for putting her to sleep) and 14 gunpowder handy when summer starts. Panflute also works instead of ashes, but it gives you a smaller time window for placing the gunpowder. Her loot does not end up cooked if she is blown up.

They eat the gems, like everything that eats minerals. Just a word of caution, in my experience you need 5-6 fully grown rock lobsters. Infant ones die in a few seconds. I tried this twice and tried to add this info to the wiki but the guy there said I was wrong saying infant ones have same stats or something so... I dunno. All I can say is in my experience the big rock lobsters survived for minutes while the little ones got splattered at the start.

I also use ashes and gunpowder for Dragonfly. That boss is so hard it seems you can't kill her without some sort of cheese, be it using indestructible fire pits or boulders or the ashes + gunpowder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Destros09    1175
44 minutes ago, someonenoone11 said:

I also use ashes and gunpowder for Dragonfly. That boss is so hard it seems you can't kill her without some sort of cheese, be it using indestructible fire pits or boulders or the ashes + gunpowder.

Or 13 gunpowder and some blow darts 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites