LG G Pad ii - Crash during splash screen

Good afternoon.

After much back and forth I finally decided to purchase Don't Starve: Pocket Edition from the Google Play store via my G Pad ii tablet (running Lollipop).

It is my understanding that if a device is incompatible with a software version, the software will not be listed as an option on the store.

Since I will likely be using this game on my phone as well (when I'm not around my tablet), I am not seeking a refund, I am just hoping for a solution in getting it to run as intended.

For curiousity's sake I installed on my phone and everything went smooth as butter. No hiccups, stutters, etc. My phone is an LG G4 running Marshmallow.

One thing I did notice was that, when first ran on my phone I was asked to grant permissions for SD access. On my tablet (LG G Pad ii) I was not asked. My tablet does NOT have an SD card in the SD slot. Permissions to SD appear to be the "emulated" SD that is standard to Android. As I don't have a spare SD kicking around to test with, I don't know if this is, perhaps, the issue. 

Is this a known issue? It seems unfortunate that the game would be listed for the tablet in the store if it is not going to work on it.

Any help in getting this to run would be appreciated.

I appreciate the clarification on the SD access granting. I was not aware of this. Since that rules out my tablet not granting proper permissions to run the game, I can assume that the issue is deeper. Is there any insight that can be given on why the game will not load on the g pad ii? Why it is crashing on the splash screen? Is this currently being worked on?

Archived