Toadstool's theme sounds way too much like SW dry season Boss theme O.o

Not sure if anyone else has noticed. If anyone has, nobody has pointed this out. Weirdly, it sounds way too much like SW Dry season boss theme.

What do you guys think of this? There might be more comparisons between soundtracks (season working and fighting ones sounding similar in tone, but not in melody), but this is the only one I've found. Not sure why they took an already-used melody to make a new soundtrack. An overlook? Something else?

You uh, linked the wrong song. It's not even in that playlist I think.

In any case, I'm sure many people would say the music in DS sounds very samey in regards to instruments and feel, cus its is own genre (kinda), It stands out more than other games. And when you have as many tracks that DST and Shipwrecked has, eventfully some are gonna start sounding roughly the same.

12 hours ago, Ashkain said:

You uh, linked the wrong song. It's not even in that playlist I think.

In any case, I'm sure many people would say the music in DS sounds very samey in regards to instruments and feel, cus its is own genre (kinda), It stands out more than other games. And when you have as many tracks that DST and Shipwrecked has, eventfully some are gonna start sounding roughly the same.

Whoops, sorry XD I have that fixed now. I wasn't talking about the general feel and the instruments used. I'm talking about the melody within the soundtracks, which are very much the same. This might be the case for some other soundtracks, but generally I've not found anything in regards to that, unless, as previously mentioned, if it's a work/fight/boss theme of the same idea (e.g. caves, season etc.)

Archived