I didn't buy Don't Starve on Steam, can I still play Shipwrecked?

chees4mees

Update: I bought it through Humble, thinking that I could simply install it onto my standalone game and use it. I ran the installer and it seemed to have successfully installed shipwrecked, but now whenever I open the game I get this error message :

acce8b37-d8a7-41cc-b943-5f219b077d84_zps

Can I have some help with this?

15 minutes ago, chees4mees said:

Update: I bought it through Humble, thinking that I could simply install it onto my standalone game and use it. I ran the installer and it seemed to have successfully installed shipwrecked, but now whenever I open the game I get this error message :

acce8b37-d8a7-41cc-b943-5f219b077d84_zps

Can I have some help with this?

You need to look for a DRM free copy for Shipwrecked. SW is a DLC that need to be bought separately

I

9 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

You need to look for a DRM free copy, I think :)

I bought the DRM free copy off of humble, or at least I thought I did. The installer worked and everything, I didn't have to use Steam at all, but it broke my game.

10 minutes ago, chees4mees said:

I

I bought the DRM free copy off of humble, or at least I thought I did. The installer worked and everything, I didn't have to use Steam at all, but it broke my game.

I don't think you did... If you wanna play SW, you need to buy it... That's all.... I mean... cuz you probably have only the base game... I think that Humble has DRM free copies for SW on their store... dunno where really 

11 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

I don't think you did... If you wanna play SW, you need to buy it... That's all.... I mean... cuz you probably have only the base game... I think that Humble has DRM free copies for SW on their store... dunno where really 

When I bought it, it gave me a Steam key, but it also gave me a download link for the standalone. I didn't know there were two ways to buy the game on humble, I thought it was one way that did two things. I have the base game, RoG, and now technically I have SW too, if that helps at all?

21 minutes ago, chees4mees said:

When I bought it, it gave me a Steam key, but it also gave me a download link for the standalone. I didn't know there were two ways to buy the game on humble, I thought it was one way that did two things. I have the base game, RoG, and now technically I have SW too, if that helps at all?

I thing that you have a DRM free version of the Vanila version and now a SW version on Steam.... or something like that...

I don't think these two are compatible, either you have it all DRM free or on steam... 

I don't know anymore how to help you... Sorry 

32 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

I thing that you have a DRM free version of the Vanila version and now a SW version on Steam.... or something like that...

I don't think these two are compatible, either you have it all DRM free or on steam... 

I don't know anymore how to help you... Sorry 

I have all of the other games DRM free, I assumed that when I bought it on humble it would be DRM free too, it installed onto my DRM free base game and then it broke. I don't know if it's a problem with how I installed it or not.

Archived