Mod Idea ! (Rabbit Hutch)

So for a while now i have had the feeling Rabbits haven't had as much love as the Birds in the land of Don't Starve the only way to make a rabbit useful is to kill it... for morsels which i think is abit mean (But you do what you do to survive i guess).

So i have devised an idea for them ! I call it the "Rabbit Hutch Mod" i have made a quick illustration below of what i think it should look like both open and closed (Animated) What my idea is to keep it simple is the rabbit hutch when you open it its abit like an ice box with a few slots to put maybe 2 - 3 Rabbits in and doing that makes it so the Rabbits need to be fed Vegetables less so they Don't Starve as quickly but you can also adjust these rates in game from the (Modinfo.lua) within the game,

I also have some sort of idea to make the rabbits more useful by allowing you to collect bunny puff every so often which gives them abit of use

as for crafting there can be two choices

Easy 5 Logs, 1 Gold, 5 Carrots
Hard 10 Logs, 5 Gold, 10 Carrots and 2 Lightbulb

The thing that makes it harder is the Lightbulb's as you would have to go into the caves to get it. unless you have (Lightbulbs on main world) mod like i do

At first i did try just ripping off Afro's Freezer mod by changing all the (freezer) files to rabbithutch instead and using the png's below and turning them into tex files but it didn't work there was just some sort of error which i didnt understand after going to read the log

Is there anyone who could help me pull this off ?

I would ask Mobbstar in a message. but i have been pestering him for too long now.

rabbithutch.png

rabbithutch_open.png

Well in the Steam workshop (Afro1967) made a Spider Cage mod where you can collect Silk every so often and its kind of the same idea. But Rabbits :3

Edit. (Well... Not kind of the same idea pretty much the same idea but Rabbits instead of Spiders)

Edited by Wes_The_Hunter

10 minutes ago, Wes_The_Hunter said:

Well in the Steam workshop (Afro1967) made a Spider Cage mod where you can collect Silk every so often and its kind of the same idea. But Rabbits :3

Exactly. Ideally there would be a tiny chance to get rabbit puffs when you have one of them die. For one-sharded servers, it would be a blessing.