Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

LadyAzure

DST Suggestions

LadyAzure    322

I really love all you do Klei, I enjoy your games and you are all nice in person whenever I have gone to PAX...I did have a suggestion, not sure if this ever came up in beta or not, but would it be possible to have locked chests? Chests that only the host has access to? I ask because I do not mind playing together but some times I get a player who comes in and messes up my hard work such as stealing food and just eating it for the heck of it, or robbing essential items and crafting for no reason, by the time I find out its too late. I just would like the option to keep some things private.

LadyAzure    322

Nah I wouldn't be bothered by it, usually when I join a server it's full of bare nothing-ness...I am greatfull if I receive any tools upon arrival. With anyone who's ever been in my server I try my best to help them. I have "take an item, leave an item", buy system. However it does not protect me from a random coming in and taking things in waste. Maybe an invisible chest? Only seen by the host?

bestnick8    53

Great idea... Terraria is my other favourite indie game & they have a system where you buy a piggy bank &/or a safe which only you can access... Well technically anyone can open both storage items, but they can't see/take your items, only theirs if they have put stuff in before.

I doubt they'd consider it though... "uncompromising wilderness survival" is in the games description & people taking your stuff adds to the challenges I guess.