So You Want to Host A Server?

Exciting...you can hardly wait, the thought of your server making it to day 1000 is as intoxicating as a chest full of Tell Tale Hearts. I must say, before you dream big beware of a few things.

1. 6 is not an ideal number for people allowed in a server. Not unless you are prepared to feed 5 other hungry players, yes it can be hard to care for new mouths in your server.

2. Being alone is worth two turkeys in the bush. What does that mean? Well survive in Winter alone can be way easier then if you get stuck with newbies. I know some players are experts so pray you get one.

3. Be ware of those who enter and screw everything up, yep you are familiar with the type. They eat all your food and die over and over. Always need some flint or wood. Be prepared to accommodate every type. 

Hosting a server can be a mess, but if you are lucky you will find those diamonds in the rough who jump into your world and help you out of a pinch...and you find a good player.  One who sticks it out with you, those players my friends are worth all the struggle.  The exciting part is hosting a server where you, and other players come together and keep it going, helping each other.   :)

I've played twice now on 1 of Klei's dedicated servers...

First time wasn't too bad, found 2 guys who were willing to learn.That server also had a good spawn, with the "tentacles & reeds" set piece... Helped a lot to take down DC.

Second time I found a player who new what he/she was doing too, but between us we carried most of the others through winter... But I was done by end of winter. If people would just listen to advice, I could've sailed them through winter. 2 of us took down DC quite nicely.

Lady Azure... Let me know your time zone & gamer tag if you're looking for a player with fair to good skills? I fall under EU PSN region (+2 hours GMT)... I prefer mic chat option, as comms are important when everything's going bad.

On Monday, September 19, 2016 at 9:35 AM, bestnick8 said:

Nice!

1 hour ago, bestnick8 said:

I've played twice now on 1 of Klei's dedicated servers...

First time wasn't too bad, found 2 guys who were willing to learn.That server also had a good spawn, with the "tentacles & reeds" set piece... Helped a lot to take down DC.

Second time I found a player who new what he/she was doing too, but between us we carried most of the others through winter... But I was done by end of winter. If people would just listen to advice, I could've sailed them through winter. 2 of us took down DC quite nicely.

Lady Azure... Let me know your time zone & gamer tag if you're looking for a player with fair to good skills? I fall under EU PSN region (+2 hours GMT)... I prefer mic chat option, as comms are important when everything's going bad.

I am in Central Standard Time. My psn is Azure__Soul. You can add me, I am fairly advanced with DS and only play with Maxwell.

Archived