Character help please!!!!!

Atlasing ..\..\Don't Starve Mod Tools\mod_tools\..\..\Don't Starve Together\mods\workshop-760229797\images\avatars\avatar_ghost_lenalee.png npot: False
Atlasing[################################] 1/1

Atlasing ..\..\Don't Starve Mod Tools\mod_tools\..\..\Don't Starve Together\mods\workshop-760229797\images\avatars\avatar_lenalee.png npot: False

Atlasing ..\..\Don't Starve Mod Tools\mod_tools\..\..\Don't Starve Together\mods\workshop-760229797\images\avatars\self_inspect_lenalee.png npot: False

Atlasing ..\..\Don't Starve Mod Tools\mod_tools\..\..\Don't Starve Together\mods\workshop-760229797\images\map_icons\lenalee.png npot: False

Atlasing ..\..\Don't Starve Mod Tools\mod_tools\..\..\Don't Starve Together\mods\workshop-760229797\images\names_lenalee.png npot: True

Atlasing ..\..\Don't Starve Mod Tools\mod_tools\..\..\Don't Starve Together\mods\workshop-760229797\images\saveslot_portraits\lenalee.png npot: True

Atlasing ..\..\Don't Starve Mod Tools\mod_tools\..\..\Don't Starve Together\mods\workshop-760229797\images\selectscreen_portraits\lenalee.png npot: True

Atlasing ..\..\Don't Starve Mod Tools\mod_tools\..\..\Don't Starve Together\mods\workshop-760229797\images\selectscreen_portraits\lenalee_silho.png npot: True

Atlasing ..\..\Don't Starve Mod Tools\mod_tools\..\..\Don't Starve Together\mods\workshop-760229797\bigportraits\lenalee.png npot: True

Atlasing ..\..\Don't Starve Mod Tools\mod_tools\..\..\Don't Starve Together\mods\workshop-760229797\bigportraits\lenalee_none.png npot: True

Exporting ghost_lenalee_build.zip
Exporting Animation[################################] 1/1
Atlasing[################################] 60/60

Atlasing ..\..\Don't Starve Mod Tools\mod_tools\..\..\Don't Starve Together\mods\workshop-760229797\images\avatars\avatar_ghost_lenalee.png npot: False

Atlasing ..\..\Don't Starve Mod Tools\mod_tools\..\..\Don't Starve Together\mods\workshop-760229797\images\avatars\avatar_lenalee.png npot: False

Atlasing ..\..\Don't Starve Mod Tools\mod_tools\..\..\Don't Starve Together\mods\workshop-760229797\images\avatars\self_inspect_lenalee.png npot: False

Atlasing ..\..\Don't Starve Mod Tools\mod_tools\..\..\Don't Starve Together\mods\workshop-760229797\images\map_icons\lenalee.png npot: False

Atlasing ..\..\Don't Starve Mod Tools\mod_tools\..\..\Don't Starve Together\mods\workshop-760229797\images\names_lenalee.png npot: True

Atlasing ..\..\Don't Starve Mod Tools\mod_tools\..\..\Don't Starve Together\mods\workshop-760229797\images\saveslot_portraits\lenalee.png npot: True

Atlasing ..\..\Don't Starve Mod Tools\mod_tools\..\..\Don't Starve Together\mods\workshop-760229797\images\selectscreen_portraits\lenalee.png npot: True

Atlasing ..\..\Don't Starve Mod Tools\mod_tools\..\..\Don't Starve Together\mods\workshop-760229797\images\selectscreen_portraits\lenalee_silho.png npot: True

Atlasing ..\..\Don't Starve Mod Tools\mod_tools\..\..\Don't Starve Together\mods\workshop-760229797\bigportraits\lenalee.png npot: True

Atlasing ..\..\Don't Starve Mod Tools\mod_tools\..\..\Don't Starve Together\mods\workshop-760229797\bigportraits\lenalee_none.png npot: True

Exporting ghost_lenalee_build.zip
Exporting Animation[################################] 1/1
Atlasing[################################] 60/60

so I realize that it saying false is probably a problem?? I'm using the extended character mod. My character in the loadscreen has the right bigportrait and everything but when I go to the clothes selection it's invisible except the shadow. I've seen a bunch of people with the same problem but I still havent found what the problem is. I checked my files for what the compiler said was false and they're there. I've renamed everything case sensitive accordingly so that really can't be the issue. I'm not done with all the art yet but I highly doubt me not being done with it is whats making this happen. Also if someone could explain what every file is?? Like the binary files? I get the xml and other stuff but some things I dont get about this but I'm trying really hard and it's just not working out. 

server_log.txt

Edited by LenaleeMKII

Well, two things:

1) Your template is old.

You should download: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=361202313

2) Your build may have "lenalee_build.zip" as the name, but the build inside it is named "maci".

You should delete previous zips from the exported and the anim folder so they recompile and they get their proper name (from the scml filename).

This should cover the code differences.

I leave it up to you to compare the contents from exported (from the template) and old_exported (from your mod) so you can see the differences, like the SWAP_ICON folder. Also make sure you use the cleared pngs for empty images (I saw some white pngs).

Lenalee.zip

So I replaced all the files that were wrong and added the files I was missing but it's still not showing up and I replaced the text files in the images folders and also the ones in the exported folders so I could redraw them but it's still showing up as invisible? what am I doing wrong this time? thank you so much for helping me.

edit: updated the zip with the art i just did

Lenalee.rar

Edited by LenaleeMKII

The exported alone does nothing... you have to recompile to get zips to toss into the anim folder.

Also in modmain:

-- Custom speech strings
STRINGS.CHARACTERS.ESCTEMPLATE = require "speech_lenalee"

-- The character's name as appears in-game 
STRINGS.NAMES.ESCTEMPLATE = "Esc"

Seems you missed those ESCTEMPLATE.

Also in self_inspect_lenalee.xml.

But the other cases, you got them.

9 minutes ago, LenaleeMKII said:

How do I go about doing the binary files in the anim folder or the tex files? Do I just use the templates and draw over it or is there a program to use all the parts to make the sheet?

To compile character exported you need autocompiler which you can get from Steam if you download Don't Starve Mod Tools

For it to compile your lenalee exported folder open one of the png images in your lenalee folder and just put like a black scribble over it with a drawing software than overwrite the image than undo the black scribble then overwrite it again then run autocompiler & it should compile everything in lenalee folder. At least that's how it works for me xD...

Edited by SuperDavid

Do you renamed the scml & zip folder in your "lenalee" exported & it's still not compiling?

I'm confused if you want you can post the exported folder here & I try to export it for you, if you want xD... Sorry i'm not super smart...

Edited by SuperDavid

I fixed it! I will tell you what the problem was :D!

#1 - You where missing a hair-2 png image.

#2 - You had no torso pngs images in your Lenalee exported at all... So,  I just added my character's torso to it instead then you can export freely, feel free to edit it or even keep them like that forever xD...

#2.5 - You had no lenalee.zip folder in your lenalee exported folder... I think you need those, I think...? So, I just added one for you (you should do the same with your ghost exported because I saw that didn't have a zip either).

#3 - If you don't want a certain png don't get rid of it just make the png blank like how the tail images are in your exported folder. If you get rid of any of those png then Autocompiler crashes & can't compile your exported folder... Autocompiler needs every one of those pngs to compile your exported folder.

Also, when you want to compile exported folders always make sure that in yourcharacter.lua (lenalee.lua) you'll see something like this V

local assets = {
Asset( "ANIM", "anim/lenalee.zip"),
-- Asset( "ANIM", "anim/lenalee_mode_insane.zip"), -- This's example you don't need it
}

put something like this " Asset( "ANIM", "anim/lenalee.zip"), " then you can use your textures...but I think you already know that xD...

This should work for you now :)!

Good Lenalee.zip

@LenaleeMKII PS. Your character's art looks beautiful, keep up the great work :wilson_goodjob:!!!

Edited by SuperDavid

16 minutes ago, LenaleeMKII said:

thats weird because it keeps deleting the torso, could that be anything happening with the compiling not finding the files it needs and deleting others because it thinks it doesnt need it too? thank you so much by the way.

That's really strange that Autocompiler's deleting your torso pngs, really strange... It sounds like a bug with Autocompiler or something weird's up with your character.. If you want can you upload your entire character here then I can see if something's wrong with it & fix it? If nothing's wrong then I think you need to redownload Autocompiler if it's deleting images from your exported folders..

Edited by SuperDavid

@LenaleeMKII Okay, so I just went through your mod nothing seemed wrong at all. I noticed the torso folder was gone just like you said..

So, I added another torso folder from my character which you can change or whatever xD...

I compiled your character with Autocompiler & everything went good on my end, the torso folder was not removed & I can update the textures simply by editing them in a paint tool & Autocompiler compiles it correctly.

So, if your Autocompiler still continues to delete your character's exported folders... There must be a bug or a problem with your Autocompiler & you should delete it & redownload it because it's not supposed to do that.

PS. I haven't tested your mod in game... So, I'm sorry if it crashes or something xD...

Edited by SuperDavid