Marble Sculptures Theory

On the recent news in Steam we've been given a teaser to the next update A Little Fixer Upper. The entity in particular that caught everyone's eyes was the marble sculptures. I've came up with a theory for this sculpture & what it is. The first thing is that the update is named A Little Fixer Upper. The sculpture looks damaged & ages, obviously. So, what I think is that the marble sculptures will be broken & aged pieces that resemble the monsters of Don't Starve. The one we're shown I believe is the ancient guardian or rook. If I am correct, if you slay the depicted monsters enough & give the items that seem to be broken apart to the sculpture enough times you'll have a marble guardian that'll attack & move differently based on what creature it resembled. SO PREPARE EVERYONE! PVP WILL NO LONGER BE WOLFGANGS & WICKERBOTTOM FESTS! BUT INSTEAD MARBLE ROOK FESTS!

Some things to consider:

1) From the animated clip, Charlie was transforming things into marble.

2) From speech lines, Waxwell states that Charlie was always one for the theatrics.

3) From Waxwell's shows, Charlie was always the subordinate of the pair even if there were feelings between them.

4) From the Forest (top world), there are Waxwell's Chess Pieces or Clockworks left behind from his Kingly time on the Throne.

5) From the Ruins, there are broken clockworks that are able to be repaired for friendship.

6) From the animated clip, Charlie was struggling to find common ground with the Shadows 'til the very end wherein it is implied a balance was met but not explicitly demonstrated.

I suspect that Charlie isn't one for inventing (3) but rather taking what is already there (4) and reusing them for other purposes (1)(2).

Perhaps Charlie isn't quite so able to control (6) everything yet, and breaks (5) things along the way for the players to repair.

But I am all for miniature summonable boss events using these marbled machines.

Could spice things up a bit.

Archived