Is Shipwrecked sustainable without world hopping?

Xavven

My favorite thing about RoG is that after world hopping to get all the turrets I want, I can settle permanently in a world and live off of sustainable resources. Gold is infinite with pig king, and even rocks and flint are infinite with mole farms, or cave earthquakes (although it is slower than mole farms).

But when Shipwrecked launched, I found out on these forums that flint is a finite resource and doubloons don't drop fast enough to craft everything you need... so eventually you run out of resources and have to world hop.

So as a result, I decided not to bother with Shipwrecked unless that's patched. Has anything changed?

Or alternatively, are we supposed to world hop to RoG, get a bunch of gold/flint, and then hop back to Shipwrecked?

6 hours ago, Xavven said:

My favorite thing about RoG is that after world hopping to get all the turrets I want, I can settle permanently in a world and live off of sustainable resources. Gold is infinite with pig king, and even rocks and flint are infinite with mole farms, or cave earthquakes (although it is slower than mole farms).

But when Shipwrecked launched, I found out on these forums that flint is a finite resource and doubloons don't drop fast enough to craft everything you need... so eventually you run out of resources and have to world hop.

So as a result, I decided not to bother with Shipwrecked unless that's patched. Has anything changed?

Or alternatively, are we supposed to world hop to RoG, get a bunch of gold/flint, and then hop back to Shipwrecked?

In Summer you can make rocks and flint renewable...

Just pick an island with a mini base (crock pot, fridge, ice maker) and make sure you have enough space for the eruptions. 

Leave the eruptions fall on the island and there you have ashes, flint, rocks, and charcoal if you leave the lava pools alone.

If you want to farm Obsidian you can also extinguish lava pools with one ice to gain one obsidian :)

If you need more help on how to build the base or dodge the eruptions you can watch mi vids... (they are in Spanish, but you can still make use of the subtitles provided by Youtube, or just watch how I did it :)

Archived