Water Beefalo infestation

So I started a new game and after previous worlds almost completely devoid of water beefalos on the "default" setting I changed it to "More Beefalos". Unfortunately something probably bugged out and now every single island is absolutely infested with the buggers. There are like 10-20 on every one of them. Plus they went immediately into their mating season so thorough exploration is impossible since they're very aggressive.

I don't suppose there's any console way to change that? I'm at day 15, having explored quite a bit of the sea - since exploration on land is pretty much out of the question - and found some rare things (dumbrella in a steamer trunk, a few brain stalks, Yaarctopus near my base island). I really don't feel like scrapping the world. I know the beefalos will go passive again but the world just looks completely silly with hundreds of them everywhere.

Is there a way to despawn them somehow, even individually if I have to?

Well... if you're willing to do it individually, and aren't afraid to use console commands, you can put this in the console:

TheInput:GetWorldEntityUnderMouse():Remove()

This will remove the prefab that's under your cursor. Don't forget that you can press the up arrow in the console to repeat the last command, that should make it a bit easier.

Archived