Need help: extra rot spawning in world

I am currently making a composter mod to help increase the rate at which food spoils. I am also making it possible for the food to turn into guano if it rots inside the composter. I have successfully made it possible to do so in don't starve single player as well as in Don't Starve Together. However, I noticed that an extra rot spawns in the world on the ground when a food item decays within the composter and turns into guano. This didn't happen in Don't Starve single player and this doesn't happen when a food item simply rots inside a player inventory (and turns into rot and not guano in the player inventory). If somebody can help me figure out why an extra rot spawns in the world when a food item rots in the composter that would helpful. Here is the code i modified in the perishable lua file for this to occur.

function Perishable:Perish()
    if self.updatetask ~= nil then
        self.updatetask:Cancel()
        self.updatetask = nil
    end

if self.perishfn ~= nil then
        self.perishfn(self.inst)
    end

if self.inst:IsValid() then
        self.inst:PushEvent("perished")
    end

--NOTE: callbacks may have removed this inst!

if self.inst:IsValid() and self.onperishreplacement ~= nil then
        local goop = SpawnPrefab(self.onperishreplacement)
        if goop ~= nil then
            local owner = self.inst.components.inventoryitem ~= nil and self.inst.components.inventoryitem.owner or nil
            if owner:HasTag("composter") then
                goop = SpawnPrefab("guano")
            end
            if goop.components.stackable ~= nil and self.inst.components.stackable ~= nil then
                goop.components.stackable:SetStackSize(self.inst.components.stackable.stacksize)
            end
            local holder = owner ~= nil and (owner.components.inventory or owner.components.container) or nil
            if holder ~= nil then
                local slot = holder:GetItemSlot(self.inst)
                self.inst:Remove()
                holder:GiveItem(goop, slot)
            else
                local x, y, z = self.inst.Transform:GetWorldPosition()
                self.inst:Remove()
                goop.Transform:SetPosition(x, y, z)
            end
        end
    end
end

Wait so does the game spawn, the prefab then change its location with the food then remove the food so it spawns two prefabs as a result of the code running twice? i thought goop was just the prefab that would be spawned in.

Edited by blazerdrive09

local goop = SpawnPrefab(self.onperishreplacement) --spawn a prefab, and keep track of it under the variable "goop"
    if goop ~= nil then -- if goop prefab exists
    local owner = self.inst.components.inventoryitem ~= nil and self.inst.components.inventoryitem.owner or nil
    if owner:HasTag("composter") then -- if owner has the tag composter
        goop = SpawnPrefab("guano") -- spawn ANOTHEr prefab, and keep track of it under the viarable "goop", which means we lost track of the first prefab, but it still exists
    end

so:

if owner:HasTag("composter") then
	goop:Remove()
	goop = SpawnPrefab("guano")
end