Upgrade like system.

2 hours ago, Aquaterion said:

Since I found another issue, I decided to just change it myself and send it;

Hopefully I didn't miss anything.

asgore.lua

Yeah the firefly idea seems good, as well as emitting light is also a good idea. I'll also look into spriter later then, it'd only be like 2 frames, just rotating, it'll resemble this:

this

I'll start to make it now. Shouldn't take long

Also here is Asgore.lua, should have also said, it seems to happen when I attack a non-hostile mob, for example a beefalo.

So that works fine now, but now Determination isn't working.

client_log.txt

in the OnDeath function, I mistakenly(dunno how) put the savelocation code twice remove the extra part(if you dont know which, here's how the function should look;

local function OnDeath(inst)
    if inst.savelocation then
        inst:DoTaskInTime(2, function()--estimate time it takes to do the death animation
        inst.Transform:SetPosition(inst.savelocation.x, inst.savelocation.y, inst.savelocation.z)
        inst:PushEvent("respawnfromghost", {source= {name="Determination", components ={}}})
        inst.savelocation = nil
        end)
    end

if inst:HasTag("justice") then
        inst:RemoveEventCallback("onattackother", OnAttack)
        inst:RemoveTag("justice")
        inst.justicepower = nil
    end

if inst:HasTag("revenge") then
        inst:RemoveEventCallback("attacked", OnHit)
        inst:RemoveTag("revenge")
        inst.revengepower = nil
    end
end

Edited by Aquaterion

3 hours ago, Aquaterion said:

in the OnDeath function, I mistakenly(dunno how) put the savelocation code twice remove the extra part(if you dont know which, here's how the function should look;

local function OnDeath(inst)
    if inst.savelocation then
        inst:DoTaskInTime(2, function()--estimate time it takes to do the death animation
        inst.Transform:SetPosition(inst.savelocation.x, inst.savelocation.y, inst.savelocation.z)
        inst:PushEvent("respawnfromghost", {source= {name="Determination", components ={}}})
        inst.savelocation = nil
        end)
    end

if inst:HasTag("justice") then
        inst:RemoveEventCallback("onattackother", OnAttack)
        inst:RemoveTag("justice")
        inst.justicepower = nil
    end

if inst:HasTag("revenge") then
        inst:RemoveEventCallback("attacked", OnHit)
        inst:RemoveTag("revenge")
        inst.revengepower = nil
    end
end

Oh, and idk if you saw before, but for some reason none of the items appear while on the ground which is a problem....

Also whenever i use a custom item i made in a crafting recipe the icon will not show up.

Edited by TheBigDeal

For the recipe thing, Im guessing you mean the Ingredient is not having an icon

Ingredient("determination", 1, "images/inventoryimages/determination.xml")

You gotta add the atlas after the ingredient amount.

As for the items, your clientlog from earlier states that the anim.bin of the items is missing. If you cant figure it out I guess you can give me one of the soul.zip so I can check it out

5 hours ago, Aquaterion said:

For the recipe thing, Im guessing you mean the Ingredient is not having an icon

Ingredient("determination", 1, "images/inventoryimages/determination.xml")

You gotta add the atlas after the ingredient amount.

As for the items, your clientlog from earlier states that the anim.bin of the items is missing. If you cant figure it out I guess you can give me one of the soul.zip so I can check it out

Alright, yeah for some reason my swap files didn't have them, but i see that they have the swap_itemname, do i need a special tool like the build renamer for that, or just rename it manually?

3 minutes ago, TheBigDeal said:

Alright, yeah for some reason my swap files didn't have them, but i see that they have the swap_itemname, do i need a special tool like the build renamer for that, or just rename it manually?

remember "SWAP" is for held items. for souls u dont need them as you dont equip them. and swap files are not suppose to have them as they are just images to replace the placeholder invisible image in the player's hand.

4 minutes ago, Aquaterion said:

remember "SWAP" is for held items. for souls u dont need them as you dont equip them. and swap files are not suppose to have them as they are just images to replace the placeholder invisible image in the player's hand.

Oh yeah, well then all the others have anim files... maybe because they aren't named or something.

Yeah just checked, they all say pitchfork lol, so same question stands I guess.

You really need to stop using the pitchfork as a template, as the pitchfork has a weird stuff that only it has. since its not equippable, use cutgrass or something as a template. Afaik you don't need to change anim.bin, but the pitchforks anim.bin might be different then others.

1 hour ago, Aquaterion said:

You really need to stop using the pitchfork as a template, as the pitchfork has a weird stuff that only it has. since its not equippable, use cutgrass or something as a template. Afaik you don't need to change anim.bin, but the pitchforks anim.bin might be different then others.

Ok, and yeah the pitchfork is only there because that's where i started the trident, and then i made everything else from the trident, so it sorta expanded to all the other items also.

So i took, for an example the spears anim.bin

ANIM                   idle97G  ðA   åÐ@¾?€Â°²ÏBF†‹C       º6]Ž    ¢©o  €?          €?Ñ"#À33†B   ÀåÐ@¾?€Â°²ÏBF†‹C       º6]Ž    ¢©o  €?          €?Ñ"#À33†B   ÀåÐ@¾?€Â°²ÏBF†‹C       º6]Ž    ¢©o  €?          €?Ñ"#À33†B   ÀåÐ@¾?€Â°²ÏBF†‹C       º6]Ž    ¢©o  €?          €?Ñ"#À33†B   ÀåÐ@¾?€Â°²ÏBF†‹C       º6]Ž    ¢©o  €?          €?Ñ"#À33†B   ÀåÐ@¾?€Â°²ÏBF†‹C       º6]Ž    ¢©o  €?          €?Ñ"#À33†B   À   97G   spearº6]Ž   spear01¢©o   Layer 1

Literally just copied and pasted, at the end it has spear, which is what i was trying to say, this is just a normal spear. I looked into a couple others and they also have the same thing.

I'll replace the anim.bin's and see but idk, still says spear in it.

Tried it, same thing

Edited by TheBigDeal

9 hours ago, Aquaterion said:

you could try changing the line

inst.AnimState:SetBank("determination")
--to
inst.AnimState:SetBank("spear")

not sure if it would work

Yeah! that worked fine actually, now to fix every single item, I think that covers pretty much everything but dropping a prefab for determination.