Character Transformation?

I was wondering,

I decided to create a mod where, when the player pressed a specific button, he transforms into a sorta shadow demon and he does't get effected by the shadow monsters, but instead turns into a sort of shadow demon? (Like Shadow Wilson), but it saps away half the players current sanity, and raises speed?

I believe I could figure out a custom weapon for the demon character... but then again ;-; I'm not too too amazing at coding. I'm wondering if its possible to make a sort of shadow weapon? That creates like... a shadowy hand that the player can fire at things. So basically like. an Ice staff that shoots shadow hands and deals actual damage, while pushing the entity back a few inches? (Meters, inches, no idea what the area range is called in this game.)

I'm actually not too too positive on the whole Wolfgang transformation but i'm assuming its decently similar?

Now...

I don't know too too much about coding but i'm starting to understand some of it.

I'm curious about 2 things,

1. Is there a sort of... character template? Or Character anyone knows of that I could copy the files off of for it? I understand how to read some of the coding since I'm making the main form of him actually right now. 

2. If there is not a character template, would anyone be interested in sorta... helping me out? >.< 

I currently have my OC Wyatt half finished, so i'll be able to post his file soonish.

Thank you!

~Flaire

(And yes, I do have awful grammar and pretty awful explanation skills so... if something isn't clear please let me know!)

Here I made a little thing for you I put all instructions inside the zip with all you need to make a keyhandler (click a button something happens) action.

If you have any problem with it just tell me I'll try to help, also, remove the text files that give help ;) lol

Stuff for you.zip

All I got to do for you press on button is speed boost and swap your texture, that's all I knew how I don't know how to make the shadow monster or halve his max sanity sorry but i'm very new to modding too :)...

Edit 3: Oh my god i'm sorry if I misunderstood "I decided to create a mod where, when the player pressed a specific button" maybe you already have keyhandler and your form?! If you do sorry I didn't know :shock:... You could just ignore my zip if you already have your keyhandler, form change and stuff :)...

Edit 4: oh, oh, " saps away half the players current sanity" if you just want to lose half you sanity then in the modmain functions of your insane transformation do a act.target.components.sanity:DoDelta(put whatever is half of your max character is sanity here with a - like for example -->) (-100) <-- that means you lose 100 sanity

Edit 5: " saps away half the players current sanity" oops didn't see that then never mind what I put in edit 4 I don't know how to do that.

Edited by SuperDavid

13 hours ago, SuperDavid said:

Here I made a little thing for you I put all instructions inside the zip with all you need to make a keyhandler (click a button something happens) action.

If you have any problem with it just tell me I'll try to help, also, remove the text files that give help ;) lol

Stuff for you.zip

All I got to do for you press on button is speed boost and swap your texture, that's all I knew how I don't know how to make the shadow monster or halve his max sanity sorry but i'm very new to modding too :)...

Edit 3: Oh my god i'm sorry if I misunderstood "I decided to create a mod where, when the player pressed a specific button" maybe you already have keyhandler and your form?! If you do sorry I didn't know :shock:... You could just ignore my zip if you already have your keyhandler, form change and stuff :)...

Edit 4: oh, oh, " saps away half the players current sanity" if you just want to lose half you sanity then in the modmain functions of your insane transformation do a act.target.components.sanity:DoDelta(put whatever is half of your max character is sanity here with a - like for example -->) (-100) <-- that means you lose 100 sanity

Edit 5: " saps away half the players current sanity" oops didn't see that then never mind what I put in edit 4 I don't know how to do that.

Thank you SO much! This should help a ton! :) I should be able to find a how to do the halving current sanity. I might be able to mix up the transformation with it so when the player presses the button it turns into the demon thing plus halves sanity. not sure XD (my modding skills are.... new. :p )

14 hours ago, SuperDavid said:

Stuff for you.zip

Ok, Hold on. XD (Like the total noob I am!) I have oneeee question :p

Where would I put his transformation images? >.< (If you know anything about that.) I could always try and find another character that transforms if your not sure :p

@Flaire Everything about where to put transformation images is the zip

If you want a hyper detailed how to do I suggest you go look at DleoWolf's extended character template on how to make your character (but I think you already have a working character, right :)?) 

Stuff.zip

If you have any morer questions you can ask me if I know i'll tell you.

Edited by SuperDavid