Game Crashes Whenever I Try to Link SW World with RoG World

Bobus

Last night I attempted to link an older RoG world to a new SW world for the first time. I found the seaworthy in the SW world, jumped on it and choose my old RoG world to link up with. The game briefly said loading before it crashed. The first crash said it had to do with mods enabled (I had Smart Crockpot, Wormhole Marks, Health Info, MiniMap HUD, Detailed Tooltips, Damage Indicators, Geometric Placement, Season Clock, Where's My Beefalo, Always On Status, and Display Food Values activated. I know that is a lot of mods, but I have never had problems before).

The game crashed so I restarted it and my world's had not successfully linked, but my SW world now listed as being the same number of days as my ROG World. I disabled all mods and attempted to link the worlds again, this time it brought up a warning screen about the SaveIndex.Lua and the game crashed (I have included a screenshot of the crash). I tried again, no luck, same screen. I did however succeed in linking that same SW world to an empty slot, linking it with a Day 1 ROG world. Perhaps the issue is now in my ROG world save file?

I have attempted a few fixes to try to deal with this crash. I verified the integrity of my game cache, no luck, I reinstalled DS, no luck, I started a new SW world, without mods to try to link to that same ROG world, no luck, same crash. I have looked on the forum for information on this but have not found any solutions. 

If anyone has any solutions, please help!

Thanks.

DSCrash.png

It's a bug caused by a typo, @Bobus.

if not self.data.slots[self.current_slot].modes.survival.options then
				self.data.slots[self.current_slot].modes.survival.options={ ROGEnabled = true }
			else
				self.data.slots[self.current_slot].modes.survival.option.ROGEnabled = true
			end

It says "option", where it should say "options".

You can either:

a) Open the saveindex.lua file in dont_starve/data/scripts, and edit line 1494.

b) Open your ROG world, open console, copy and paste

SaveIndex.slots[SaveIndex.current_slot].modes.survival.options = nil

and then try merging.

5 hours ago, DarkXero said:

It's a bug caused by a typo, @Bobus.

if not self.data.slots[self.current_slot].modes.survival.options then
				self.data.slots[self.current_slot].modes.survival.options={ ROGEnabled = true }
			else
				self.data.slots[self.current_slot].modes.survival.option.ROGEnabled = true
			end

It says "option", where it should say "options".

You can either:

a) Open the saveindex.lua file in dont_starve/data/scripts, and edit line 1494.

b) Open your ROG world, open console, copy and paste

SaveIndex.slots[SaveIndex.current_slot].modes.survival.options = nil

and then try merging.

The hero of the hour!

Archived