World Corruption. Again.

I'm sorry about posting a new thread but the old one is basically dead and nothing has solved the issue so far. I've reinstalled the game, deleted the residual files after uninstalling it, and disabled all my mods but my worlds are still corrupting whenever I try to reload them after saving the game on this laptop.

A screenshot of the error message is included. This is after I re-enabled my mods after the problem persisted.

As usual, any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

20160417231503_1.jpg

3 hours ago, stl1234 said:

Can you post the logs? You'll probably want to share your corrupt save, so devs can take a look as well.

Is it happening only on a specific slot, or does it happen in all slots?

It's all slots. I made a new world and the same thing happened.

5 hours ago, TheHalcyonOne said:

Do you have Steam's cloud save service enabled, and if you do have you tried disabling it?

I've disabled this for now. It hasn't helped but it means my worlds will stay safe on my PC.

When did the problem start? I mean did it ever work correctly?

Do the games save in the laptop load correctly in the laptop?

If the answers are no, yes: Do you have a different operating system between your laptop and PC? If not, do they have different cpu architectures (if you don't know what this means, just let us know the brand/model of your machines or cpu brand/model if custom built)?

6 hours ago, stl1234 said:

When did the problem start? I mean did it ever work correctly?

Do the games save in the laptop load correctly in the laptop?

If the answers are no, yes: Do you have a different operating system between your laptop and PC? If not, do they have different cpu architectures (if you don't know what this means, just let us know the brand/model of your machines or cpu brand/model if custom built)?

Hold up. I have windows 7 on my laptop and windows 10 on my PC. Could that be why? I recall not having this problem before getting a new SSD in my laptop (at which point I downgraded from 10 to 7), although one of my worlds did corrupt on my PC at around that point.

My other games are saving and loading fine. I don't know where the logs are and currently can't access my laptop. 

Coincidentally, both computers have an i5, although my laptop has a 2nd gen (dual core) and desktop 4th gen (quad core).

I do really appreciate your help by the way. This was only mentioned once on the forums before, and the fix didn't help me.

Sorry no. I was suspecting different newlines or byte ordering problem, but you won't have either if you are using windows and both machines have intel or amd processors. I can't think of how SSD may cause this problem, unless there is a bug in the driver.

Logs are in "Documents\Klei\DoNotStarve\log.txt" You want the one from your pc where the save file could not be loaded.

I could try to take a look at your corrupt saved games. And I'm curious to learn whether the saves can be loaded from the laptop.

Other than that I'm currently out of ideas.

Archived