We need a followers tutorial !

Hello everyone! It's been too long since I've last worked on my mods and I was wondering... Is there anywhere a good step by step tutorial on making a follower in Don't Starve TOGETHER (with help on stategraphs, attacks and spawning)? I made a mob a while ago and I'd like to see it finally come alive. I have made a chester "clone" in the past but the new mob I made isn't even visible. And even then I don't know a thing about using stategraphs and brains without screwing things up. Just examining existing code doesn't always cut the chase for everyone. 

So... Anybody up for making a tutorial that'll bring the rise of a whole new world of creatures in DST? :D

If so, you'll get kisses from my next mob.

Thank you for reading

I'm working on a couple of mods right now that involve custom followers, but I'm not at the testing stage for either of them yet, but I'll let you know once I get them working.

the one thing you're gonna need is the follower component, and how to connect it.

I believe the code works the same for the "leader" whether or not it's an item or a player/creature

On the follower, you at least need this code ( other codes depend on what you're making, fore example, chester needs a start and stop following function):

inst:AddComponent("follower")

on the leader (thing being followed) you need this code (i'm using chester as an example):

chester.components.follower:SetLeader(inst)

again, I haven't tested this but it should work

@mf99k, cool! It would be nice to have a good creature guide for the community to enjoy. Ideally, forum members with all sorts of knowledge on this could contribute to it.

9 hours ago, mf99k said:

the one thing you're gonna need is the follower component, and how to connect it.

I believe the code works the same for the "leader" whether or not it's an item or a player/creature

Yeah I know :), I did have some experience with mobs before but I always find new problems. A good guide could prevent/fix some troubleshooting as well. FYI, As for my personal current mob problem, I'm just gonna start that thing from scratch again ^^

Hope to see people make something awesome in the future like DragonWolfLeo did with character templates :)