Unable to pick up item with spacebar

So this bug has been bothering me for a while, and I can't really seem to figure out what's causing it, it makes the dropped item unable to be picked up via spacebar, but it can be picked up normally(via mouse click). I've tried removing the SetOnDroppedFn to see if it was the cause but no luck.

I've attached the item file, I'll also link the workshop file just incase.

kusanagi.lua

Adding a debug print print(string.format("[PlayerController:DoActionButton] buffaction=%s", tostring(buffaction))) into PlayerController:DoActionButton() revealed that the action selected was Activate, not PickUp. The selection is done in PlayerController|GetPickupAction, where Activate action (based on inactive tag) has higher priority than PickUp action.

1 hour ago, Muche said:

Adding a debug print print(string.format("[PlayerController:DoActionButton] buffaction=%s", tostring(buffaction))) into PlayerController:DoActionButton() revealed that the action selected was Activate, not PickUp. The selection is done in PlayerController|GetPickupAction, where Activate action (based on inactive tag) has higher priority than PickUp action.

I understand the issue, I've been trying to find a way around it, by adding the useableitem component on when equipped and some other methods as well, but none of them worked.. Any tips?

The only place I found that you are using active and inactive tags seems to be ACTIONS.USEITEM.strfn (which, btw, you are overwriting, without checking if other mod overwrote it earlier; same for STRINGS.ACTIONS.USEITEM).

Since you don't use activatable component (which uses active and inactive tags), renaming your tags to something like ninjaactive and ninjainactive should resolve the tag clash.

45 minutes ago, Muche said:

The only place I found that you are using active and inactive tags seems to be ACTIONS.USEITEM.strfn (which, btw, you are overwriting, without checking if other mod overwrote it earlier; same for STRINGS.ACTIONS.USEITEM).

Since you don't use activatable component (which uses active and inactive tags), renaming your tags to something like ninjaactive and ninjainactive should resolve the tag clash.

oh damn I didn't know there was an actual component for activating but it doesnt seem useful for my situation, I guess I shoulda looked into it more tho. I did feel like using the tag "active" or "inactive" could cause conflict but it didn't seem like it died at first. Thanks for the help ^^

Edited by Aquaterion