Character Tail and Cape templates

Is there anyone that can help me with my character mod. For this mod I need to give this character a tail and i cape. I currently don't have the templates or the knowledge on how to make them. Is there anyone that is willing to help me on this?

D4rkh0bb1T is right, it does have a tail, this link is a tutorial, itll show you how where the templates are, how to install them etc.

It has a link to the sample character, which has a built in tail.

Hope this helps :D

The current character template does not work for the conditions I want. I've tried improvising a cape by coloring in behind the legs but it doesn't match up at ALL. I've tried coloring on the torso but that overlaps the legs, ive tried coloring in the cape into the tail which worked until I found the side view messed it up and I can't figure out how to remove that view. The only way I can make the cape work is to remove views of a part but to do that I have to edit the character template's scml file which is a black box to me. Also I tried editing the skirt to see if it could work as a cape but that build makes it move everywhere when the character moves so its a dead end. The way I see it is that you can't have a tail and a cape not without doing special edits to the scml file itself. Even in that tutorial it says don't edit the scml unless YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING which points me here. Don't tell me to ask dragon wolf leo he's been real busy with commissions and getting him is difficult. Other than that there's no other solution I can see with that file its almost impossible to have a tail and cape coexist at the same time.

On 2016-04-06 at 8:19 PM, KGUN said:

The current character template does not work for the conditions I want. I've tried improvising a cape by coloring in behind the legs but it doesn't match up at ALL. I've tried coloring on the torso but that overlaps the legs, ive tried coloring in the cape into the tail which worked until I found the side view messed it up and I can't figure out how to remove that view. The only way I can make the cape work is to remove views of a part but to do that I have to edit the character template's scml file which is a black box to me. Also I tried editing the skirt to see if it could work as a cape but that build makes it move everywhere when the character moves so its a dead end. The way I see it is that you can't have a tail and a cape not without doing special edits to the scml file itself. Even in that tutorial it says don't edit the scml unless YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING which points me here. Don't tell me to ask dragon wolf leo he's been real busy with commissions and getting him is difficult. Other than that there's no other solution I can see with that file its almost impossible to have a tail and cape coexist at the same time.

To remove some parts, use the esctemplate_cleared. Its all transparent images. Copy/paste those you want to be blank in your character.

Still, I would not know how to create a cape myself. But I know you can play with the pivot point in Spriter to set a different angle of the image when in-game. Had to change the pivot point for and equippable item for exemple cause it didnt appeared in my character hand! I wonder what would happen to your cape if you try to change the pivot point of it... I dont know. The pivot point is the red point that appear when you get over the images, usually appearing in the top left corner of it. Drag it anywhere else and try out. After moving it, right-click it and select Overwrite default pivot.

I was messing with it, had to re-create the anim on scratch all the time because spriter is very capricious and a small changes can mess all the anim.

Hope this will help you create a cape ;)

D4rkh0bb1T

Moving the pivot point had promising impressions on the tail part but the pivot points are connected to each other part so moving one point moves the others. Is there a way to break this connection because without doing that it'll lead to another dead end. Moving the other the png doesn't have a effect. So any other suggestions?

On 2016-04-12 at 8:26 PM, KGUN said:

Moving the pivot point had promising impressions on the tail part but the pivot points are connected to each other part so moving one point moves the others. Is there a way to break this connection because without doing that it'll lead to another dead end. Moving the other the png doesn't have a effect. So any other suggestions?

Unless you draw the cape on the torsos then I dont know. An independant animation of a cape would require a folder for it just like others i guess - by creating a "cape" folder with the cape images in it? Even so, you will have to add them into the spriter project. And I wonder if the game engine itself will recognize such custom animation. However...

When loading the project, on the right side (palette panel), you should see all the folders with the images. There's a way you can drag in the images of the cape (under the "cape" folder) to your character. I dont know how the project will take it since Spriter is very picky, and from my experience with it, a minor change can mess all the animation. Once its draged, just make sure it fits. I believe the size and the position of the images are very important when you create them. I still don't know how many images would be required to create the animations, in exemple, tails have more than 10 images for the tail animation.