Is quacken supposed to just leave after a few minutes?

Like wtf he was barely offscreen for the duration of a dry season's night and he just disappeared. 

I mean, he could've waited for my freakin' trawl net to fill up before buggering off like that.

Also, will I have to wait another 20 days for another to spawn seeing that I didn't kill him?

1 hour ago, DeputyDeath said:

he was barely offscreen

Enough for the head to go to stasis mode for being too far from the player. The creature despawned.

1 hour ago, DeputyDeath said:

will I have to wait another 20 days for another to spawn seeing that I didn't kill him?

You get the cooldown only on kill.

38 minutes ago, DarkXero said:

Enough for the head to go to stasis mode for being too far from the player. The creature despawned.

You get the cooldown only on kill.

Thanks. 

Damn that's stupid. He spawned halfway through trawling and then left. Huh. I am disappoint.

7 hours ago, DeputyDeath said:

Thanks. 

Damn that's stupid. He spawned halfway through trawling and then left. Huh. I am disappoint.

If you don't want to miss it next time the only thing you have to pay attention is the Quaken's head on your map. The tentacles are not the center of the creature so it can happen that it despawns if you keep a large distance between the Quaken's head and yourself.

Archived