Split function backpack. Would it be possible?

I'm hoping someone with more experience can let me know if this is possible. What I am looking to create is a backpack with an 8 item capacity that has one space for standard item storage and another storage space that acts like an icepack. I did a quick Photoshop edit to show how I would want to break the backpack up into the different storage zones.

Also, would this be possible with the existing gui assets or would new assets be needed?

Dualbackpack_zpsmebp3nqg.png

Edited by RetroMike

you'd probably have to re-code a couple of widgets. Depending on what you want your end result to be, you could probably just tell the game to treat all the slots like an icebox if you don't want to do that. (I don't know how to set up widgets, hopefully someone else here does)

also I see you used my font XD

You could try making one backpack that would have 7 spaces, with one of the spaces not shown that would always contain smaller icepack item.

This way the perishable component might not have to be updated to work for items in icepack, it would look, as usual, to item's owner (i.e. icepack) that would have the proper tags to facilitate cooling. Main backpack would not have those cooling tags, acting as normal backpack.

I guess the container widget setup for them would be more complicated, as opening the main backpack should open icepack as well, I imagine.