An open Letter to Capy and Klei

2 minutes ago, DeputyDeath said:

I always fear that if they did a crossover like that, we would just get one as every single update.

I mean, in PAYDAY 2, 75% of updates are now collaborations ever since John Wick was added. Yes, I know I mention this game a lot, but (apart from my love of it) it's a perfect example of how easy it is to screw up as a developer and lose the support of many community members in an instant.

I couldn't bear to see that happen to Don't Starve. But, maybe as a one-time thing, it could work.

I mean like a £1 Charity/Donation DLC (either would work for these singular characters) every now and then could add a character. No more collabs though. Pyro is just so well known in gaming it would sell better IMO

2 hours ago, CheeseburgerCockatoo said:

I mean like a £1 Charity/Donation DLC (either would work for these singular characters) every now and then could add a character. No more collabs though. Pyro is just so well known in gaming it would sell better IMO

But then that's borderline microtransactions. 

Hell, that IS a microtransaction.

I'd be fine if they did the donation thing on Steam, where they'd have a goal for donations and would release an update whenever it was reached. I'd  like something like that, and the community having a lot of control over when the updates can stop would also help the process.

Maybe if you donate you would have early access to future content when it's being developed, so that those that care most about the game can become increasingly involved in its development.

Archived