Don't Starve Console Edition - Crafting Menu Ingredient Titles?

Hi All,

On the console version of Don't Starve (XB1 specifically), is there a way to display the names/titles of the ingredients needed to craft an item when you are in the crafting menu?  On the mobile version you can tap on any item to see descriptive text, and although I've not played the PC version, I'm sure the same applies with a mouse hover.  This functionality does exist on the toolbar with the right stick, as you move the highlight box left or right it shows the item name and the appropriate controller button to use, drop, etc.  Maybe I'm missing a way to simply move the cursor/highlight box into the crafting menu itself?  I thought it might be something like as you hold a certain button down it would show text over the items, but I can't find a button that does this.  

I'm loving the game, but am getting stumped on crafting - many of the ingredient icons I'm not familiar with.  Without seeing a name, it is making it difficult for me to know what I need to get.

6 hours ago, SoggyNachos said:

Nope there's literally no way, it's not Klei's fault, it's another company that's mainly ported DS to consoles/mobile, that's why it's buggy and poorly mapped out

Console/Mobile ports were made by Klei from what I can recall. Infact, the controller controls and layout were originally made on the PC version when controller support became a thing.

Archived