Bosses and Seasons

So are the Shipwrecked bosses tied to specific season like the giants in ROG?  The Tiger Shark will spawn in other seasons, but i had assumed that was just because it was early access and the other bosses weren't implemented yet and it would eventually be locked to a given season.  I haven't played the latest update yet so I don't know about Quaken spawning, but I have only seen Sealnado during hurricane season.  Then there's the volcano eruptions, which i had viewed as the dry season boss of sorts.

So are they currently tied to a specific season?  And if not, will they be in the last update?  Or could you have a Tigershark-Quaken-Sealnado megafight in the middle of a volcanic erruption?  Has there been any word from the devs on this?

The Tigershark can spawn in any season, but she usually just swims past. Realistically, it needs to be Monsoon season to get in a fight with her.

Sealnado only spawns in hurricane season. Whether that's a good thing or not is your opinion purely...

The Quacken spawns in any season, from what I know.

So no, giants aren't as tied to a single season as they were in RoG, which I kinda like. Shipwrecked is a lot more random and intense than RoG, so I guess the giant spawning system fits in with this aspect of the expansion.

Sealnado is the only one who is tied to a season...And I really like it.

Reminds me of how DST did the giants, in a much more natural way.

(Open spoiler if you want to read more of my opinions that interest no one)

Spoiler

(Bearger comes after the harsh seasons are over, looking for food to survive the next cycle, Goose Moose nests during spring, and in the rest of the year is in the north, in dst she comes back to the same nest every time, Dragonfly is there for the entire year with her babies)

Tigershark always exists yet her den and kittens only come out in Moonsoon Season, the ideal season considering they exist on both land and sea(I always feel like its the season where Tiger Momma teaches her babies to swim :3), and Quacken always exists, you just need to get their attention.

Sealnado, just like Deerclops, exists purely to destroy your stuff. Sealnado exists in Hurricane Season either because of him "channeling" the existing strong winds. Deerclops exists because winter is the season where he's the strongest in.

Tiger Shark exists all the year but on flood season its the ideal time to fight her(Easiest way to start the fight), Sealnado exists only in Hurricane Season, and Quacken is just a chance when you trawl in deep water(no specific season) 

I am currently on day 116 just past my second Hurricane season and Sealnado didn't come this time? Is there a chance he won't spawn? Also I thought after you killed Tiger Shark she came back after a few days? Tried farming her first monsoon season and only got one kill. gonna go there tonight to see if she'll defend the nest again (better hope not :) )

Edit: Second monsoon season, at the den slaughtering kittens and no mama shark :( I want them eyes damnit, the only things I haven't found are the volcano and the yaarctopus

3 hours ago, dthorn88 said:

I am currently on day 116 just past my second Hurricane season and Sealnado didn't come this time? Is there a chance he won't spawn? Also I thought after you killed Tiger Shark she came back after a few days? Tried farming her first monsoon season and only got one kill. gonna go there tonight to see if she'll defend the nest again (better hope not :) )

Edit: Second monsoon season, at the den slaughtering kittens and no mama shark :( I want them eyes damnit, the only things I haven't found are the volcano and the yaarctopus

Yup, unlike deerclops, the odds are actually against him spawning as it feels. 

21 hours ago, AnonymousKoala said:

Yup, unlike deerclops, the odds are actually against him spawning as it feels. 

Update! He actually spawned on my second trip to the kitten den. I'm gonna post some captions soon i've got a pretty wicked base with Walani and am just wrapping up my second summer (fingers crossed) and am simply searching for the last two keys for Woodlegs. Playing it safe until summer is over though.

Archived