Idea: Transportation

I really think they should add a way of fast travel, like building tunnels. the tunnel would consist of many small parts, that each cost a lot of resources. the longer the way, the more expensive is the tunnel. to enter the tunnel it takes a long time, so it cant be used for escape, maybe like opening a door or something.

Oh mobius everyone knows Divinci was insane! Or at least at the time

I'm still holding out hope that if I keep mentioning this idea Sooner or later the Devs will buckle and add it to the game. :p

God pity us all if that ever happens... ;)

I really think they should add a way of fast travel, like building tunnels. the tunnel would consist of many small parts, that each cost a lot of resources. the longer the way, the more expensive is the tunnel. to enter the tunnel it takes a long time, so it cant be used for escape, maybe like opening a door or something.

Hrm. You're not the first player to make a suggestion along these lines. Usually requests for faster/instant travel start with suggestions for teleportation. Personally, I oppose such ideas because it would lessen the feel of the game. When I picture any wilderness I imagine vast distances and in Don't Starve distance and time work together as your enemy. As time passes you hunger and darkness comes. I recall several times running back from harvesting resources, trying to make it back to the safety of my base camp as the sun set... wondering if I would make it back in time or be forced to stay the night in a smaller "travel" camp. I enjoyed the urgency of not being sure whether I could make it... or the dread of realizing I couldn't (like when I played Wilson and had no resources to make a fire or torch... and died).