"Run pre-configured server" option is missing.

I might be able to help you but you'll have to clear some things up here as in what provider are you using? Some providers use different interfaces and have different file locations - also do you have access to the server web console? You can start up the server, shut it down, restart it, and much more through the console itself. 

I wish I could help more, but it sounds like your provider needs to update their preconfigured stuff after this update. Mine already did, but some take longer than others, some shorter than others. I'd suggest opening a support ticket on the hosts website asking when they plan on fixing these issues you described because it doesn't seem like it's within our power to help but so much seeing for the most part, pre-configured servers restrict your access to specific files to resolve such issues.

The problem could potentially be fixed by editing the buttons that start the server as you described or any button at all, if it's not under the file list you'll have to wait for the host to update all server blocks that have been rented out I'd assume.

Sorry that I wasn't much help, all I need is more information provided so we all here on the forums can assist you further.

• Developer

@ThanatosVirus: We're working on a guide on how to run legacy preconfigured servers, which should be up soon, we're working on some bugs with save migration for dedicated servers, so it would be best to wait for the guide before trying to run these servers.

2 minutes ago, 255 said:

@ThanatosVirus: We're working on a guide on how to run legacy preconfigured servers, which should be up soon, we're working on some bugs with save migration for dedicated servers, so it would be best to wait for the guide before trying to run these servers.

I don't want to thread hijack here, however this is somewhat an on-topic question. Is there an estimated time frame that we can look at regarding the new updates coming up? This can include any useful information for the community so we'll be at ease with this hostile situation on hand so to speak. 

@255 I am also astonished that a feature that a great amount of us depend on is removed without any pre-notice, which is really not a Klei style. I am now unable to start my server, which is fine, since I am willing to wait extra hours/days till the mentioned guide is boiled out of the crockpot. A warning before the update, or at the previous update, or at least on the forums about this feature removal would have been nice.

On 2/13/2016 at 7:48 PM, hyiltiz said:

@255 I am also astonished that a feature that a great amount of us depend on is removed without any pre-notice, which is really not a Klei style. I am now unable to start my server, which is fine, since I am willing to wait extra hours/days till the mentioned guide is boiled out of the crockpot. A warning before the update, or at the previous update, or at least on the forums about this feature removal would have been nice.

Yeah, this new update caught me off guard as well. It wasn't long after I posted this that i noticed I missed an update.

Archived