A problem with the new forced dedicated server system.

I genuinely love the fact that everyone is now forced to be a joining client because it makes modding go from 3 different conditions down to 2 but... I don't like it at the same time due to the fact that it takes much longer to test things! Here's my reasoning...

1: You have to ForceEnable the mod you want to test via modsettings and then remember to get rid of the command before going to play the game for real. Kind of annoying to have to keep track of that TBH

2: Instead of VERY quickly launching the game and getting into the world to test things again you have to now wait for the server to start up and load before you can go test... I know it doesn't sound all that bad but it really bugs me >.<

3: you can't see the server log live ingame

4: I really enjoyed being able to test things out as the host (where code was much nicer to you) and then get it all properly working for client afterwards... Now I have to do both at the same time D:

My suggestion is an option added to the world generation options that would allow you to create an offline server bound to either forest world or caves world specifically for mod testing as a server host! I know my first world problems make me sound like a jerk but I just liked the way it was set up before for testing purposes only... I don't know if my suggestion would work if the entire old system has been scrapped and replaced with the new dedicated server system... but it's worth a shot for me to at least ask if it can be done! c:

Archived