Trinket Farm / Thulecite Lottery / APSS Fire Farm

Moon64

Hey all, 

I've been using the Ancient Pseudo Science Station to farm more gravedigger trinkets late game. I've been calling this the thulecite lottery because of the random loot you can get from the APSS using thulecite:

Basically, I hammer the APSS three times and then repair it with two thulecite. Each time the machine is hammered, it has a chance to spit out a multitude of items including trinkets, rare gems, armor, mobs and even stuff like drawf stars. It spit out a meat effigy previous which is why it's sitting there. 

Mobs are more common than goodies so I built a fire trap around the APSS. I wear scalemail while hammering and use a starcaller staff to keep the fire going indefinitely no matter how many flingomatics are running. Mobs will die to over damage over and over allowing you to farm in peace. I also have a lightning rod placed since lightning occurs everything the APSS is struck.

As for the amount of thulecite spent, this is my seventh world. I've raided all the ruins on the way (RIP backpacks). I make all my crowns with construction amulets and I can use green gems to make thulecite, marble, and pan flute uses. Besides that, I mainly use thulecite walls in the nicest areas on my base. Wood and grass walls are underrated. 

APSS Drop Table Is Listed Here

APSS Drop %'s Are Listed Here 

Cheers,

Edited by Moon64
  • Like 3