ScienceMachine's Attempt At Writing Stories

I felt like writing, so have this.

Torn pages taken from the tragedy, titled

--- “Excusantis” ---

It was the night of her recital. Understandably, she was scarred. Who wouldn’t be? When thousands of eyes are watching her, attentively looking at her every move; thousands of ears listening her, listening close to the scores she painstakingly and carefully put together.

“What if they don’t like it?” She said, worryingly.

“Be brave, dear. We won’t know for sure what’s going to happen, so make the best of it” I reassured, comforting her before her moment in the lime light.

She scoffed playfully, mocking me. I chuckled after.

“Well … guess I better not let them wait,” She said nervously, “Break a leg, dear!” I wished for her.

And she played as the crowed paid exclusive attention to her composition. I thought it was brilliant. She was leading the small orchestra with her piano. Her fingers fluttered onto the keys like a butterfly, it was beautiful.

Though, it was a rather sad composition. She explained to me once that the composition was about a man, realizing his wrongs and atones for his sins but in the end perished. I must say, it represented the story quite well; the entirety of the scores had led many of her attendees from whet eyes to full-on crying. I couldn't help myself, as I found myself shedding a few tears.

It was like an Amazonian; elegant and beautiful, but large and powerful. Everyone loved it at the end as she plays the last few high notes. Rows after rows of people rose from their seats to give her a round of applause. I joined in as well. The smile on her face was never like before. She was as happy as she could be.

Even then, what was to come after her successful debut was a crippling nightmare for me.

We were to celebrate at a restaurant our close friend had helped reserved seats for us just for this occasion. We boarded my car and we drove off. We were both happy. Until disaster struck. The road was slick with snow and sleet, and with one moment of slipping, I lost control of the car. Unable to stop, I drove the car off the road and into a frozen lake.

Recovering from the crash instantly, I realized my predicament and quickly got myself and my sister free from our death trap and swam us safely to shore. The many passer-by helped us out of the lake and quickly warmed us from the cold snow.

It wasn’t long before everything went downhill for both of us. My sister had contracted a hot fever, turned out to be a severe hypothermia. It wasn’t swift, either. In the coming weeks, she succumbed more and more to her sickness.

In her last days, I comforted her. The doctors say that she doesn’t have much time anymore. I held her hands in mine and weep nights before her appointed death. But what was the straw that broke the camel’s back for me was her last words …

“Be brave, brother. We won’t know for sure what’s going to happen, so make the best of it”

She smiled warmly but weakly and she finally let out her last. I couldn’t keep it in anymore. I just let it all out. The house-called doctors kept be at bay so I don’t mangle her too much. I screamed to the Heavens as I cradled her body in my arms. I calmed down enough to plan the service a few days later. The service was held and she was buried. Her grave stone was engraved;

In loving

memory of:

Anastasia Dendy Trevor

1899-1925

“May she finally rest in peace”

--- End of torn pages ---

Before I resign myself from arting here, I'm just going to give you all a farewell gift of sorts. I will explain my characters in this here post.IsaacHe and Anna grew up in an orphanage, after their father had died in a war and their mother later died of sickness. From this, Isaac decided to take up psychology to help those suffering from shell shock. And he did. He grew up, went to schools, college and university and got a doctor's degree in Psychology. Opened up a psychiatry and did well in his business. But then he fell into complete depression because he inadvertently cause the death of his sister, not wanting to service his car too soon, he lost control and drove right into a freezing pond during winter. The siblings survived, but Anna had contracted hypothermia. Her case got worse and worse until her eventual death. Since then, Isaac had been living in guilt his whole life, until Maxwell showed up and gave him a choice. Isaac foolishly accepted his deal and sold away his soul. In a last ditch attempt, he made a vessel, a "Puppet" Waclaw to carry whatever remains of his soul before it was too late. Then, he cast away the puppet so that Maxwell can never find it. Isaac was never heard from ever again.WaclawThe alleged Slavic, amnesiac and contained evil powers was made as an immediate replacement after Isaac had "died". He was suppose to journey through the Don't Starve Universe and discover his past self and memories along with trying to find a girl he thinks its important before escaping. This girl was suppose to be Anna. As art of the Deal earlier, Maxwell had agreed to bring his sister back to life, but without being true to his words, Maxwell brings Anna back to life ... on the Isles. As he journeys through Don't Starve, he discovers more and more about his powers along with remembering who is Anna. He later on found Anna and they both survived an onslaught sent by Maxwell out of spite. After surviving, they take a hijacked Maxwell Device and they disappear into the unknown.AnnaAs explained before, Anna had died from sickness, but revived by Maxwell. She was suppose to be a maestro of her own musical prowess, but had died on the night of her debut concert. She is very caring but not a push-over. She can dish back out anything you give her and then some. When she was revived on the isles, she immediately knew that she wasnt going to escape any time too soon without help from the weird. This help was in the form of Waclaw. Waclaw and his powers was the only person capable of recalibrating the Maxwell Device without it breaking down. At first, she didn't trust Waclaw and his weird powers, but she soon came to an understanding and eventually believed him to be Isaac reincarnate. They both survive the nightly onslaught and escaped.