Help Me Plz: Mod Basics For Noobs

I looked around these forums, and I haven't found a reason why not to post this here.

I'm interested in doing some modding for this game, but I know literally nothing about how to work a mod without the Steam Workshop. I can learn programming and stuff though readmes or even asking my software-savvy family, but I need to know the basic logistics involved first...

For example, I don't even know where to put a mod in the files on my computer to get it to run. I have looked around and found mention only of a "mods folder," but I (on my Macbook Air, so it could be different?) have tried putting the folders and files I downloaded from this forum in numerous spots relating to Invisible Inc and the Steam Workshop to no avail. Admittedly, I could do more trial and error, but that could take a while and I don't want to accidentally clutter my file folders if I don't need to.

Using the example API mod the forums here provide as an example, which specific folder(s)/file(s) should be put where, precisely?

After that, what do you recommend I do next to progress toward making agent mods? I am interested in making at least one agent, though preliminary projects would probably be a good idea. 

Agents is a huge step and I definitly say you should start with some gamplay basic stuff if you want to get there. First off, in the API example mod should be a docx, explaining  the api. It is also easy to install it, it is all explained in the topic. 

If you have more specific questions, just ask, I and the others will look for a solution if we can.

Folders go in InvisibleInc/mods folder (if you have a GoG version create one) mod's folder can be called whatever you like but should contain two files (that you can read in Example API MOD in "InvisibleInc modding notes.docx").

Making agents is easy if you investigate Example API MOD: it adds one agent, adds a special ability (for Decker, not for new agent) and can be used as template, but you need to draw (sounds like it's the problem that not allow to have a flood of agent mods, for some reason no-one even add a beard to Courier yet.). For making abilities there's all abilities of all in-game characters to learn how they works at scripts.zip archive.
Check all default agents code, compare it to how they works in game to find what do what.
Have no idea what can be more basic actually, single items maybe: example provided, mods to download, extract and investigate too (don't look at DrPedler mod though: it was my first coding trials, messy, with unneeded lines and tails that do nothing etc, it's worst example).

Archived