[Bug Report] Massive Lag and rubberbanding

kfisher

I am experiencing massive lag and rubberbanding when I am not the host. Anytime my brother hosts, everyone in the game experiences massive lag. It seems to happen no matter the internet connection as it will happen even when I am playing with my wife on a computer in the same room as me. At first I thought it was a performance issue on my end but I did some research and it has been an issue with this game since january last year so I am not sure if this is even being worked on. Currently it severely degrades gameplay quality as I cannot even play with others.

View full bug

I registered on this forum for the sole purpose of confirming that I'm having this exact same issue...as are literally all of my other friends who play DST. We have experimented with it and tried all of the fixes recommended by Klei, and it still happens - even when my fiance and I are playing together in the same room. And yes, it is never a problem for the host, only the other players. We have excellent internet and we both have very new computers. We have no issues with any other game that we play that involves co-op. It only happens with DST. The rubberbanding and lag is so bad that we have essentially given up on playing DST altogether until the issue is fixed. We're all very frustrated that we paid good money for a game that we all enjoy very much, but yet we can't even play it. I've done a lot of forum reading and it seems that a lot of other people are having this same issue, so I don't understand why it isn't being addressed, especially since the game is now out of early access. And as players who support the game developers, we shouldn't have to disable movement prediction via the console and/or download a mod to try and fix the problem, especially considering these workarounds only *sort of* fix the issue. :( 

This has been my husband and I's favourite game all during early access. No problems with lag at all. Our regular ping rate was 16 or 17. However, following the most recent update that's now 430! The game is unplayable. This has to be a bug in the most recent update as nothing else has changed- same computer, same internet connection, only v175504!

Any solutions to this? Having the exact same problem, we're in the same room, right next to the router, I've even had us both connected directly, never had this problem before with dst and have been playing like this since day one of early access together.

Thanks!

I think you might have the same problem I had; your ping is spiking very high every so many seconds. Test it out: (assuming you use Windows) 

Go to your Windows icon and search for "cmd". Open it up and type "ping -t www.google.com" without the quotes, of course.  Normally, you should have a consistent ping of, I'd say, 0-30 on wifi. But if your ping is spiking it will shoot up to 500-2000 every few seconds, which means a few seconds delay. To solve this, I got a program called "WLAN Optimizer" (and I know that sounds sketchy, I even renamed the shortcut to something different LOL)

What's happening is, Windows is trying to reconnect to another router-- I'm not exactly sure how to explain, because it has been a while since I read an article of it. A google search for "wifi ping spike" or something along those lines should hit you up with some information about it!

• Like 2

I just played DST back again with my bro again and we had the same issue like everyone else here....we didn't use to lag while in EA but now it lagged so badly with 260 avg ping....

The solution was to have the HOST port forward 443 TCP and all was well again like it used to be....:D

You're welcome everyone...now go spread the good news!!!

• Like 1

Why is this archived? Did Klei assume it would be easier to fix this post by hiding it rather than putting any effort into oh.... I don’t know..... actually fixing their busted game? 

“Oh look someone reported an issue! By god they’re right, our game is broke! Hmmm should we acknowledge it or just keep taking people’s money? I KNOW! Let’s archive the bug and then we won’t see it!!!”

The dev support is a complete joke. If you’re reading this buy another game. Don’t waste your money on this company. I did.