[Bug Report] Useless Life Giving Amulet

Carabifle

Platform: PC

Do I use mods?: No

Curent content BuildID: 932479

Description: It seems that the Life Giving Amulet does not work in DS:SW. I died wearing it but my avatar never rez after a certain time. The avatar stayed at the exact position I died (of poison) lying down on the boat & I was unable to make any action (no controls & no interface/map/menu anymore). This screenshots shows what was on screen after several minutes waiting for the next day.

By the way the world was going on with no problem (day/night cycle, etc.). I was stucked in the game with no possibility of nothing.

Shipwrecked_Bug_04_A.thumb.jpg.f17bd35b4

Note: Have not tried other configuration to be sure the Life giving Amulet is always glitching (e.g. Does the Life Giving Amulet works when players are on ground and not on a boat ?)

What I'm sure of is that I died on a boat from poison and I was wearing the Life Giving Amulet before dying

View full bug

Does the Life Giving Amulet only work when players are on ground and not on a boat ? 

Currently yes and no, this is probably one of the those situations where the Life Giving Amulet doesn't have a catch for died-on-boat-by-poison. However, if you die by getting your boat destroyed while wearing a Life Giving Amulet you'd be revived the same way life jacket does.

For the devs, (since this bug post is still pending and not a known issue yet) shown below is the console log when the event death-by-poison-on-boat occurs. Just to give more information on the bug itself.

2016-01-28_00001.thumb.jpg.e00cb2963a487

Here's the full log file: log.txt

I started a modless world, spawned an amulet and a snake_poison then gave myself access to all recipes(forgot prefab for boats) then built a boat. Get poisoned, set my health to .1 and waited to die while wearing the amulet on the boat. Then the only way to get out of the game is by Alt + F4.

I hope that helps, cheers.

• Like 1

looks like you found a gamelogic bug. it seems that the game is looking for the boat to break while the player is on the seas and totally ignores the actual player health untill the player gets back on land because usually the boat only takes damage while you're sailing on the sea.

i'm taking a wild guess here and say that the game probably would revive the character, if you wait all the way to volcano season and let a magma ball destroy your boat.

Hey @Kill3r86X I just tested your theory on whether the amulet kicks in if the boat breaks while your health is at zero but sadly the answer is no. I reproduced the bug above and spawned two tiger sharks to fight near me so their waves would break my raft but you'll only end up standing on water while stuck in the same position. Hostile mobs ignore you in this state too, since code-wise you are dead. If you give yourself health through c_sethealth(1) or any value above 0, the sinking animation kicks in and the expected resurrection result occurs. Which is getting revived in a random island much like the life jacket.

Cheers.

• Like 2