Touching Spirit Beaver

So having gotten tired of character mods, my friend, my brother and I got the idea to start a new world with legit characters. I choose Woodie, as he really is my favorite (and always has been). After spawning into what I can only describe as the Garden of Eden itself, it looked like we were set. We has food galore, beefalo, rabbits, rocks, you name it. But the ONE thing we didn't have (and the significance of this didn't hit me until it was too late) was a large forest. Naturally falling to the task of gathering firewood (gotta love Lucy) I had chopped down multiple trees, and accidentally turned into the Werebeaver, but I killed the shadow creatures, turned back, and all was good. But a storm was brewing, and the cause was my brother, who to put it lightly "has trouble staying alive".

First he got killed by bees because he ran into a field at night (he couldn't see all the killer bee nests until it was too late). That caused him to use the touch stone we had found right next to camp. Then he got killed by a tentacle. We had to use one of our few spider glands to bring him back. Then he IMMEDIATELY got killed by the same tentacle trying to get his stuff back. We brought him back, but we were out of spider glands. And so during the full moon, my eyes dilated, my front teeth grew, fur sprouted from my skin, and I let loose a blood chilling chattering sound- and I realized that if we don't have enough trees for me to eat, I'll actually starve to death. I ran to my small tree grove I had made for such an occasion and went on a rampage, but had only consumed half of the forest when the biggest treeguard I have seen in my life showed up. And that's when the Terrorbeak also decided to join the fray.

I tried focusing on trees, but I knew, somewhere in my rodent consciousness, that that Terrorbeak had to go. And so I fought him with all my animal might, and after getting in a few chomps, was promptly killed by a beak that's made out of shadows. . . . 

We didn't have any more spider glands at the time, and so the journey of Touching Spirit Beaver began. I didn't want to get lost, so I just floated around and followed my death-prone brother like some kind of guardian spirit animal as we went on a six day journey to find more spider glands. I spent about 6 days as Spirit Beaver, during which time I realized my inner power by turning pigs into werepigs (bad idea), kept my brother safe from Charlie (beaver ghost light), tried to knock sleeping rolls into the ocean (my brother was too fast though), and overall gained an appreciation for being alive (and as a human lumberjack, not a ravenous werebeaver). We eventually brought me back to life, only for my brother to off himself again, but the journey of Spirit Beaver was complete. I am alive (and unlike my brother, I intend to keep it this way).

Archived