caves entrance problem

Hi all, got a problem when I play with my friend at DST.

Now we find the caves entrance, but after we dig out the entrance, the hole is actually closed.

there's cave's bats coming out but we can't get down and we can just check the cave entrance and nothing more

we need help plz

thank you

caves are only working on dedicated servers at the moment. To get a working caves server, the easiest way is to do the following:

1: download the DST server tool, in the tools section of your steam library

2: double click the tool to open it, select preconfigured

3: wait a couple minutes; after everything is done loading, you should see 2 black and white command line windows named 'overworld' and 'caves.'

4: open the game and play. You join the server via the browse games button. If your friend is not on the same network as you, you will need to port forward:

Spoiler

Open Chrome/web browser of choice, put 192.168.1.1 in the URL box (if this doesn't work, start menu, search cmd, open result, type ipconfig into box, find default gateway. Also make sure you aren't google searching the address), name/password is probably admin/admin, or admin/password, then go applications and gaming tab, then put port 10999 in both port boxes in one row, protocol is both, put in your computer's personal ip address as the address to forward to (same ipconfig menu, find ipv4 address), then enable it. People can now connect to your computer!

5: recommended: once your friend and you are both on the server, press ~ and enter "c_regenerateworld()" to regen the world and restart it to day 1, since this might have taken a little while to set up.

6: to close the server, leave the game, then type "c_shutdown()" into both of the command line windows

I did play it on the dedicated server O.O

4 hours ago, Snowhusky5 said:

caves are only working on dedicated servers at the moment. To get a working caves server, the easiest way is to do the following:

1: download the DST server tool, in the tools section of your steam library

2: double click the tool to open it, select preconfigured

3: wait a couple minutes; after everything is done loading, you should see 2 black and white command line windows named 'overworld' and 'caves.'

4: open the game and play. You join the server via the browse games button. If your friend is not on the same network as you, you will need to port forward:

Reveal hidden contents

Open Chrome/web browser of choice, put 192.168.1.1 in the URL box (if this doesn't work, start menu, search cmd, open result, type ipconfig into box, find default gateway. Also make sure you aren't google searching the address), name/password is probably admin/admin, or admin/password, then go applications and gaming tab, then put port 10999 in both port boxes in one row, protocol is both, put in your computer's personal ip address as the address to forward to (same ipconfig menu, find ipv4 address), then enable it. People can now connect to your computer!

5: recommended: once your friend and you are both on the server, press ~ and enter "c_regenerateworld()" to regen the world and restart it to day 1, since this might have taken a little while to set up.

6: to close the server, leave the game, then type "c_shutdown()" into both of the command line windows

@marscathan It seems to me like your overworld(master) and caves(slave) servers can't see each other. Try looking into both settings.ini of your master and slave servers. The following should be true for both settings.ini in each server folder:

• steam_authentication_port under network tag must be unique on both settings.ini
  • steam_master_server_port under network tag must be unique on both settings.ini
  • server_port under network tag must be unique on both settings.ini
  • master_port under shard tag must be the same on both settings.ini

In this link is an example of what both settings.ini should look like. Compare yours and see if something is amiss. Report back with your master and slave's log.txt files alongside their settings.ini if the problem still persists. 

Cheers.

@Zillvr

I did what you have told me and when I run the server, the cave server fail connecting to the overall server

keep saying reconnecting etc.

any other suggestions that I can do?

[00:01:23]: About to start a shard with these settings:
[00:01:23]:   ShardName: caves
[00:01:23]:   ShardID: 630226198
[00:01:23]:   ShardRole: SLAVE
[00:01:23]:   MasterHost: 127.0.0.1
[00:01:23]:   MasterBind: (null)
[00:01:23]:   MasterPort: 11002
[00:01:23]: [Shard] Connecting to master...
[00:01:33]: [Shard] Connection to master failed. Waiting to reconnect...
[00:01:38]: About to start a shard with these settings:
[00:01:38]:   ShardName: caves
[00:01:38]:   ShardID: 630226198
[00:01:38]:   ShardRole: SLAVE
[00:01:38]:   MasterHost: 127.0.0.1
[00:01:38]:   MasterBind: (null)
[00:01:38]:   MasterPort: 11002
[00:01:38]: [Shard] Connecting to master...
[00:01:48]: [Shard] Connection to master failed. Waiting to reconnect...
[00:01:53]: About to start a shard with these settings:
[00:01:53]:   ShardName: caves
[00:01:53]:   ShardID: 630226198
[00:01:53]:   ShardRole: SLAVE
[00:01:53]:   MasterHost: 127.0.0.1
[00:01:53]:   MasterBind: (null)
[00:01:53]:   MasterPort: 11002
[00:01:53]: [Shard] Connecting to master...
[00:02:03]: [Shard] Connection to master failed. Waiting to reconnect...

Just checked, you should change the master_port in your cave server's settings.ini into 11001, which is what the master server's master_port is. I miswrote the information above, sorry about that. Just changed it back now. Try to have both master_ports the same and check if it works.

I'm sorry for the incorrect information. Report back if it doesn't work.

You wouldn't have to reset the worlds for the slave and master servers to find each other. Question: Is the Master server even running while the Slave Server is running? You should have both servers run at the same time for them to find it other. I know that might sound like a stupid question, just figured I should ask.

Secondly, how do you run your server's? What is the process that you do?

You could also try and change up the steam_authentication_port, steam_master_server_port, server_port into something new instead of what you have them at currently. master_port should still be the same with each other, but change the number for both settings.ini to something new too.

Archived