[Bug Report] Game freezes on initial loading screen

leonseye

I have played Don't Starve Together for quite a while now and have never had any issues launching the game.  Earlier today, I launched the game and was looking at the server list, then closed my game.  Now when I try to launch the game, it opens a black screen that hangs for ~5 minutes and then goes to the initial loading screen, where the game freezes (or simply continues to load, but I waited for over 20 minutes w/out it actually loading).

I updated my drivers, verified the game cache (twice), deleted local content and redownloaded the game, made sure to delete all mods, etc.  Nothing seems to work, it goes to the black screen and if it even gets past the black screen, it just hangs on the first loading screen forever.

View full bug

What does the log.txt say? You should always attach that so it'll be easier for people to help you diagnose what could be wrong and be able to give you advice directly. Report back with the log.txt found under Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether, cheers.

Sorry it took so long to get back, used to the old forums giving me a notification (or maybe the new ones do too and I've somehow missed it?)

The issue seems to have corrected itself after a few restarts; it was most likely unrelated to the game itself, I think.

Thanks for the reply, though!  Very much appreciated.