Fireflies and Bioluminescence Catchable Anytime

Since the latest update Build 162564, I've been able to catch Fireflies in broad daylight if I know where they were positioned the night before. Whereas Bioluminescence appears to stay lit even during the day and can be caught with Bug Nets shown below. Could've made a video but an image should suffice. I only have a handful of UI mods active namely Geometric Placement, Display Food Values and Combined Status. 

2016-01-15_00014.thumb.jpg.5ecaee96130ae

I hope that is enough information, cheers!

31 minutes ago, Zillvr said:

Since the latest update Build 162564, I've been able to catch Fireflies in broad daylight if I know where they were positioned the night before.

i did that long way ago , in reign of giant for exemple , dou you think it must be fixed ? i like catch my fireflies that way.

@4zakken Personally I don't mind eitherway, my main concern here was the Bioluminescence. Since before we weren't able to catch   Bioluminescence if you can't see them, this aspect of night/day light sources should(could) also be the same with Fireflies. Whichever the case, at the very least having the  Bioluminescence not be visible in broad daylight would be good. 

In the code under scripts/prefab/bioluminescence.lua, this has been the case. Shown below:

local function fadeout(inst, secs)
	--print("fadeout")
	secs = secs or 0.5+math.random()
	inst:AddTag("NOCLICK")
	inst.components.lighttweener:StartTween(nil, 0, nil, nil, nil, secs, turnlightoff) 
end

local function updatelight(inst)
	--print("updatelight")
	if GetClock():IsNight() and not inst.components.inventoryitem.owner then
		fadein(inst)
	else
		fadeout(inst)
	end
end

I'm no LUA expert but based on those lines, the light should turn off when its day time and turn on when it's night time. But somehow when I encountered the Bioluminescence, they were still light during the day. I should probably go check back again and see if they're still on. I probably didn't wait long enough. 

Will report back when I have something, cheers.

I've also encountered some bioluminescence that shows up on my map (by way of a mod), but isn't lit up at night on the ocean during mild season. Looking at the code, it looks like if it's not awake, then it can't catch the daytime/nighttime events, so if you come from afar it'll be dark. That could be amended by also checking explicitly for the world state in the onwake.

Thanks for clarifying @rezecib, I came back to this same spot in the image above and the bioluminescence seems to be working correctly, for now. I've done quite a few save and exits between now and when I posted this thread, which may have remedied the issue. The bioluminescence light up when night comes and fades out in the morning. Anyways, thanks again. Cheers.

Archived