Can't access the cave of my own dedicated server

Hi everyone,

I finally finished to set my own dedicated server - I can access the overworld (the forest) and start having fun.
Things go weirder when I try to access the Cave.

I can't access it and I received such screen from the client-side: post-395785-0-31418700-1452631991_thumb.

...While my friend who is playing at the same time can go back and forth from the sinkhole.

As I didn't find anything relevant from the logs, here there are in attachements.
I really wonder what I missed here :/

If my report misses information, feel free to mention - I would gladly bring further details.

Any helps would be much appreciated ! :wilson_smile: 

log_cave.txt

log_overworld.txt

Hello @Burryto, welcome to the forums. I do not have direct or personal experience with Linux servers, but have you by any chance seen this method that another Linux DST Dedicated Server user has done when they can't access their caves? The situation is a little different, but the result is almost the same which is being unable to access the caves. Try out their method, and if it doesn't work reply with your log.txt file directly under ~/.klei/DoNotStarveTogether which would be your client-side's log. That may shed some more light on the issue since you're the only one that can't access the caves while other players could.

Cheers. 

Hello @Burryto, welcome to the forums. I do not have direct or personal experience with Linux servers, but have you by any chance seen this method that another Linux DST Dedicated Server user has done when they can't access their caves? The situation is a little different, but the result is almost the same which is being unable to access the caves. Try out their method, and if it doesn't work reply with your log.txt file directly under ~/.klei/DoNotStarveTogether which would be your client-side's log. That may shed some more light on the issue since you're the only one that can't access the caves while other players could.

Cheers.

Hello @Zillvr,

First of all, thank you for your answer !

To be fully honest with you, I've just the "basics" for running this server with Linux and I must admit that I'm going to have a hard time to figure out what is a "symlink" and build it !

I'll try anyway to give a shot tomorrow..  :spidercowers: 

But as you said, the problem is a bit different in the fact that i'm not going back to the selection character screen but I'm kicked away from my own server while my friend can still access.

An other thing, from the server side, on the master server, it's also a bit different - I can notice this very line in the log before getting kicked :

"CloseConnectionWithReason: ID_DST_SHARD_SILENT_DISCONNECT"

Well, I'm going to sleep on it :)

P.S. Btw, I forgot to mention that I'm running the server on a Debian x64 according to this guide.

Still digging into this bug (with "symlink") and I maybe found something in the logs quite interesting:

"[sHARD] Migration by user ('KU_********') failed (174)."

Does this number "174" is an error code which might be investigated ?  :wilson_lightbulb:

I finally succeeded in accessing the cave ! :o

First of all, I didn't mention that I'm hosting the dedicated server in my own LAN. My bad :/

Here are the facts :

- By connecting from my LAN where the Dedicated Server stands, I can access to the Overworld (Master) but not to the Cave (Shard). In the logs, I see that I get the IP of my LAN when I join the Master server.

- By connecting from my Guest network which is isolated from my LAN (where thus the Dedicated Server doesn't stand), I can access to the Overworld (Master) and the Cave (Shard). In the logs, I can see that I get this kind of IP : 124.*.*.* - in other words, not from my LAN.

The only thing I understood here is by going through the "internet" (through probably the "Klei's directory servers"), something is done (black magic ?) that I can access to this "shard" whereas this is not possible from the LAN perspective.

Maybe I miss knowledges to set correctly my router options and/or my configuration files (settings.ini) ? Or this is something about the DST code ?

Any idea would be greatly welcomed !  :wickerbottomthanks: 

Well, I finally fixed the problem without using the "guest network" workaround. I can't understand why it's now working though (I wished I could).
I've read somewhere on this forum that I had to set a port forwarding on my network to my server what I've done. 

Well, this is where it was leaking. Since I canceled this port forwarding, I can connect from my LAN network to the Cave :happypigs:

I can even see from the client-side in "Browse games > LAN" the server, what I couldn't before. 
My router is a Netgear R7000 based on a DD-WRT firmware so maybe something might be understood from the way how to set it.

Anyway, it seems that port forwarding doesn't need to be set as everything is now working perfectly without it (?)

Archived