Flooding

Hello everyone! I am pretty new to this game i played it for like 2 weeks for now. I finally managed to get past my frist winter so happy xD but anyway i got a new problem now... The flooding season... I just don't know what to do the puddles from the rain just appear and army of mosquites attack me i don't know how to fight them neither the puddles any help is gladly appreaciated :)

Hello @magijapowa, welcome to the forums. The flooding mechanic will eventually undergo changes but for now how it works is as follows: To be able to block off flooding from spreading is with sandbags. Don't place them yet if you have them and only place them down right on top of the puddles that form. So when its the Monsoon Season keep watch for when the puddles start spawning and block them off early on as soon as they appear. The puddles start in a plus tile pattern at first and spreads out if you don't block them off.

So if a certain tile has puddle, place a sandbag directly on top of it to remove the puddle. You can however save sandbags by only placing them on the edge tiles of a group of puddle. Just make sure you place the sandbag right on top of the puddle.

With mosquitoes, wear the seashell armor as it protects your from getting poisoned. I normally wouldn't spoil that feature but since you asked on ways to deal with them, might as well let you know of this. Secondly, once the mosquitoes spawn press and hold F (this is your auto-attack button.). So the moment they come in to attack you, you'd be able to attack them first thereby nullifying their attack if you're fast enough.

I hope that's enough information. I'm sorry if I unnecessarily spoiled things you'd rather figure out on your own. Good luck and have fun, cheers. 

Hello @magijapowa, welcome to the forums. The flooding mechanic will eventually undergo changes but for now how it works is as follows: To be able to block off flooding from spreading is with sandbags. Don't place them yet if you have them and only place them down right on top of the puddles that form. So when its the Monsoon Season keep watch for when the puddles start spawning and block them off early on as soon as they appear. The puddles start in a plus tile pattern at first and spreads out if you don't block them off.

So if a certain tile has puddle, place a sandbag directly on top of it to remove the puddle. You can however save sandbags by only placing them on the edge tiles of a group of puddle. Just make sure you place the sandbag right on top of the puddle.

With mosquitoes, wear the seashell armor as it protects your from getting poisoned. I normally wouldn't spoil that feature but since you asked on ways to deal with them, might as well let you know of this. Secondly, once the mosquitoes spawn press and hold F (this is your auto-attack button.). So the moment they come in to attack you, you'd be able to attack them first thereby nullifying their attack if you're fast enough.

I hope that's enough information. I'm sorry if I unnecessarily spoiled things you'd rather figure out on your own. Good luck and have fun, cheers. 

Hey thank you soooo much for explaning this to me and no you didn't spoil anything for me i just really love the way you explaind everything and making it clear thank you so much bro :D 

Archived