The creation of paradise

The creation of paradise

A fictional Don't Starve Together story

I had just joined a survival PvE sever and was sitting beside the spawn campfire. One

of the players was speaking about how he almost died on "spider island". I asked him about it and he told me about it. It was an island only accessible via wormhole. The island was cover with nests, one Webber reported seeing at least 12 tier 3 nests. It still had a lot of resources, mostly because nobody really went there. Even most of the Webber's claimed it was too much of a pain jumping a wormhole every time they needed something important. When I heard that, I decided to do something crazy, I decided I would try to turn "spider island" into a paradise. I couldn't do it alone though, so I began enlisting people. Since it was summer now, I wanted to have spider island completed by spring. I gathered resources and went to spider island late autumn. I managed to recruit a Wendy and a Wolfgang (I was playing Webber), so I had some help building our future paradise.

Our first order of business was to clear room for a base beside the wormhole. After a day of nonstop chopping we had room, and a ton of wood. We constructed the essentials: chests, crock pots, a tent, drying racks. We got rid of our excess wood by building flooring. We now had a stable base, winter was coming in 2 days but we were prepared. I planted our twigs and grass, I also built 4 improved farms. We had no more manure, but the essentials were taken care of. The night before winter we discussed our plans over the campfire. Wendy was going to scout the rest of the island and find a good place for our future pig village. Wolfgang was in charge of knocking down a couple tier 3 dens so we didn't have to deal with queens over the winter. However, our food situation wasn't looking too good, and I seriously considered going back to the mainland and bringing back a birdcage, but I decided I had to lead the construction of paradise.

The next morning we all donned our winter hats and began our tasks. Wolfgang and I knocked down 3 nests that day, and Wendy found a bunch of stuff. We all met by the fire to discuss our next plans. Wolfgang and I would continue knocking down spider nests and build a spider pen out of hay walls. I sent Wendy back to the mainland to gather food and get a birdcage, a decision I would regret when the hounds attacked later that day, nearly killing me. However, the hounds had valuable teeth that we used for sewing kits, preventing our winter hats from breaking. Our spider pen was successful, we knocked down the remaining nests in two more days. Now we didn't have a spider problem anymore, but Wendy hadn't come back. I asked her what had happened in chat, and she said that the deerclops had spawned close to the wormhole and she couldn't get to the island. This was not good news, Wolfgang had been living of cooked monster meat for a while and wouldn't last much longer on a poison diet. Because of the deerclops we were effectively trapped on spider island. Even though we were trapped, we continued building pens, by the end of winter we had four pens, two of them held spiders. By this point I was quite desperate, we ran out of grass so I couldn't make tents, which meant Wolfgang could no longer heal.

I tried to convince people to fight the deerclops, but the winter on the mainland was an especially brutal one, with many deaths. I decided the only way paradise could be build was if I killed that deerclops.

I jumped through the wormhole, my idea wasn't to kill him, just to lure him far enough away the wormhole was safe again. My idea almost worked, the deerclops was closer to the wormhole than I had predicted, so he got a hit on me. I was very glad I wore my log suit, and I stared to lead the deerclops away from the wormhole. Unfortunately a Willow ran in and foolishly tried to kill the deerclops with her axe. I was reminded how I love it when new spawns help me kill things. Willow quickly died a stupid, avoidable death, and quickly the deerclops re-aggro'ed on me. After luring it a little further I let it battle some frogs near a pond while I made my escape. While I was doing this, Wendy had gotten back to the island, bring berry bushes and the much needed bird cage. After a quick trip to gather grass and twigs, I headed back to our soon to be paradise.

Now that out food crisis was averted, I made a bold plot beside the fire one night. We would fill one of our pens with beefalo. Wendy asked how we would do it. My plan was an expensive one, we needed a telelocator staff and a telelocator pit, then we would teleport 2 beefalo and wait for them to reproduce. If it worked it would be very profitable. It took a long time and a lot of spelunking to gather to resources, but we did it. We even had a little celebration once the beefalo had arrived. We had done it, we had created a paradise.

Side note: Please leave feedback on my writing, I tend to make some errors and it helps if people tell me what if doing wrong in a constructive way.

I think your writing is great, I've been really enjoying your stories! You've got great tempo and cadence, and you build up suspense nicely. The only "errors" I see are nitpicky stuff like spacing or punctuation... I'd say that belongs in an English/Literature class, not here =)

I think your writing is great, I've been really enjoying your stories! You've got great tempo and cadence, and you build up suspense nicely. The only "errors" I see are nitpicky stuff like spacing or punctuation... I'd say that belongs in an English/Literature class, not here =)

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. I try to correct my grammar once I spot the errors (spacing is kinda strange on a forum though). I really do appreciate that you put your feedback in a constructive, well written message.

Archived